Chapter Nineteen ~ Am I Ready?

"What's wrong, Kathryn?" Jon said as he pulled me into his arms.

I pushed him away.

"Kathryn..." Jon said. "Did I do something?"

"Yes." I said quietly. I wiped the tears away from my eyes and looked up at Jon.

"What did I do?"

"Bullshit!" I yelled, getting up off the bed. I walked over to him and beat on his chest. "It's all bullshit! I knew you were still talking to her!" I stopped hitting him and covered my face. "I am such an idiot. I s-such an idiot." I said to myself.

"You're not an idiot, Kat." Jon said, pulling me close to him again. I pushed away.

And slapped him.

He held his cheek and looked at me. "You're right. I'm not an idiot. But you are!" I yelled.

"What is all this about?"

"Don't act stupid! What is this all about, Jonathan? Why did you come here? To embarrass me? To hurt me? Was this you and Nikki's plan all along? Just to hurt me?"

"What the hell are you going on about? You know I fucking love you!" Jon yelled.

"I saw who you were texting earlier! You were texting Nikki!"

"That?! That's why you're mad?! I was texting Nikki, yeah. But did you see what I was texting her?"

"No, but-"

"Exactly! Give me a chance to explain an-"

"No! You aren't explaining!"

"Kathryn-"

"No, I don-" I started but Jon roughly pushed me onto the bed.

My eyes filled with tears again but he didn't seem to care.

"Let me explain without you cutting in every damn second!" He yelled. "I was telling Nikki that I didn't want to be with her because I love someone else! I love you, Kathryn!"

I sat there for a moment.

Jon just said that he loves me. Yet, he's done so much to hurt me

And after what seemed like forever, I finally found something to say.

"Well I don't love you." I said.

"....What?"

I looked up at him. His ice blue eyes were staring into mine. He looked like he was going to cry. But I knew he wouldn't cry. After all, he's the Dean Ambrose.

Truth is, I do love him. I love him so much. I could never stop loving him. 

But I want Jonathan Moxley Good to feel my pain.

"I don't love you, Jon. And I never will."

He stared at me, shocked. A single tear fell out of his eye.

Guild flowed through me. I wanted to talk it all back. I wanted to give Jon a second chance. But if I did give him another chance, what would happen? Would he hurt me again or would he do everything he can to make me happy?

Should I give him another chance?

I stood up and went over to where Jon was standing.

It was time for me to make a choice; Take him or leave him.

And my choice was already made.

I wrapped my arms around Jon and closed my eyes, "I'm sorry."

His arms slowly wrapped around me and I let out a sigh. "Jon..."

He held me tighter and kissed my head.

We stayed there, wrapped in each other's arms for what felt like an eternity until Jon slowly pulled away. He looked down at me and hugged me one more time.

He kissed my head once more and stroked my long black hair.

"Kathryn?"

"Yes?"

"Are you ready for us to get back together?"

My heart skipped a beat.

Am I ready?