Chapter 8: Let The Torture Begin

*Melinas POV*

When I left the room with Connor I felt relieved. I did not want to be with him any longer. Joey was standing at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me, and he didn't look happy.

"So how was it in there with Connor?" Joey says sarcastically.

"I hated it, I didn't even wanna do it from the first place but I had to or else everyone would've made fun of me." I sighed, I felt ashamed.

As soon as we got to Joey's house he slammed the car door and left without saying a word.

"Bye," I muttered annoyingly. I was getting tired of this shit.

On Sunday morning I got up late as usual. I did my morning routine and got into a tshirt, spandex, shorts, and cheer sneakers. Then I put my hair in a high ponytail with a bow from wild bows.

Today was rec tryouts. Competition try outs were tomorrow thank god. I grabbed my bag with sandals, a bottle of water, my pom poms, and an apple just in case I got hungry.

After I finished getting ready I hopped in my car and headed to the high school. I was hoping that the girls weren't bad but I hoped they weren't perfect either, just so that way I'd actually have a shot of getting in. I've been practicing my full (tuck not stunt) on the grass for a while now on so that way I could do it for rec.

There weren't any Youtubers there which was a shocker so it looked like I'd have to try and make some friends here. The only girl I saw who looked kind of familiar was a girl on instagram named Eliza. She was nice but I'd only talk to her over Kik.

"Hey," I greeted.

"Hey!" she replied enthusiastically.

And from that warming welcome we became friends in an instant. Finally someone who was just at my level. I could tell we were going to be the best of friends.

"Melina DiMambro you're up." a coach calls.

Once I heard my name called I got nervous.

What if they hated me? What if I screwed up? What if I don't make it?

I just took a deep breathe and waited for them to ask me to do a move.

"Do a toe touch."

Easy did it.

"Pike then a hurky."

Done.

"Back handspring, front tuck, back tuck."

I did that all too with no problem but then it came time for the full.

"Are you sure I have to do it on the grass, I'm better on the matts."

"Just do it." the coach said.

I attempted to do my full when I slipped and broke my leg. Why. With everybody watching and competition tryouts tomorrow I couldn't have this.

The only thing I could remember was crying in pain then passing out at the EMC.

"Are you okay?" I hear Joey say.

"Who is this?" I ask in a daze still feeling sleepy.

"Joey." he replies.

Why would Joey be here and where was my mom through all of this.

After a bunch of explaining they do surgery on my leg, put a cast on it, and headed me crutches they said I could go but told me that I couldn't cheer or do any sports for six weeks. Six weeks. Man this was going to feel longer than that.

It didn't stop there though. When Monday started I told the coach of the all star team about what happened and told me that I could definitely make it in as long as I had a video of me doing all the moves which luckily I did.

Jenn came over to me in the hall asking me if Connor and I were dating. Um no ew. Then she showed me the picture he took of us in the room last night and sent it to everyone. Fuck no. No, no, no I couldn't be here I had to leave and now. I raised my hand and asked to go to the bathroom and the teacher let me go. I couldn't help it, the tears came rushing down my eyes. I was so embarrassed. The crutches fell to my feet and I fell to the floor. Once I finished crying my eyes out I screamed for help, I couldn't get up.

(Hey guys can we get to 50 reads?! Also tell me what you guys think of the new cover!! keep reading xoxo ❤️)