Chapter 18: Thanksgiving Day

*Joeys POV*

It was Thanksgiving day. It was Wolf's first Thanksgiving! Now you may be wondering "who is wolf?" Wolf is my new husky dog that I got while Mel and I were broken up. I was feeling lonely so I decided to get a dog. Now it was his first Thanksgiving and I couldn't wait. I was going to Boston with my dad and my sister Nicole. It would be nice to see my dad after a while. I was driving from five in the morning and we would arrive at ten. I wouldn't be spending the day with Mel but on Christmas we were going to be together which I was so excited for. All I was really hoping for is no problems with my dad.

*Melinas POV*

I put on my outfit that I layed out yesterday. I left my hair straight and kind of played with it a bit. I went downstairs to find my mom and her boyfriend, what a pleasant surprise. She was making turkey shaped pumpkin pancakes with eggs and bacon. I loved Thanksgiving because my mom made a special breakfast and my grandma made a huge feast. The only thing that could be better about this day was to spend it with Joey but we had to be separated and be with our own family's sometimes so I wasn't really complaining.

Once I finished my breakfast I texted Tyler, I hadn't talked to him in a while.

*Happy Turkey day! 😘🌚🐔💖*

*thx gurl u 2 💁😋😈💯*

*wyd?*

*nm hbu?*

*same girl same 😂💁*

*soooo*

*wanna hang before we both go out?*

*sure where doe*

*starbucks?*

*YASS!! I'll meet u there*

*k*

"Mom I'll be back soon I'm going to go hang out with Tyler for a little bit." I tell my mom.

I grabbed my clutch with the things that I normally need. I drove myself to Starbucks and went inside. Tyler was sitting at a table looking at his phone. I'm guessing he was waiting for me to get there so he could get his drink.

I got a Chestnut Praline Latte and Tyler got a regular Iced Coffee. Tyler got himself a croissant with his coffee and I got two cake pops with mine.

"So how's life," I ask Tyler.

"Good, gurl we need to hang more often." Tyler replied.

"I know I love hanging out with you," I compliment.

"Same gurl same," he laughs.

After talking for an hour we both head on out back to our family's for Thanksgiving.

*Joeys POV*

It was ten am and I finally arrived in Boston. I drove to my fathers house and when I got there it was just my dad, sister Nicole, and my cousin Ashley. It was nice to just be with a few of my family members instead of a bunch of people. I unloaded my car and rolled my suitcases up to the door and rang the doorbell. My dad opened the door.

"Hey Joey!" my dad exclaimed. We had a manly hug.

My dad let me into the medium sized house and put my bags into my room for me. I sat down at the counter and waited for my dad to come back into the kitchen.

"So how's things been going?" my dad asked me.

"Good, I got a girlfriend, her name is Melina, I can show you what she looks like over Instagram." I confess.

I showed my dad a picture that Melina recently posted on Instagram for Thanksgiving, I also showed him a few different pictures of her. Now that I noticed her and I didn't have any pictures together.

"She's nice," he shrugged.

"Nice?" I question. His response was worrying me.

"Yeah well I haven't gotten to really meet her so."

"True."

My one priority now was to get my father to meet Mel.

*Melinas POV*

My mom drove the both of us off to my grandmas house. I lived in LA and my grandma lived in San Diego. It wasn't as far as a drive to NJ (I've taken a few car rides from here to there and back again) so I wasn't complaining.

When we arrived my grandfather opened the door. You could barely hear him over the other ten people chatting in the house. I kissed him on the cheek and hugged him after not seeing him in a while. We walked in a put our food on the long buffet table my grandma had set up. As usual my gramma was in the kitchen cooking. I tapped on her shoulder and greeted her with a hug and a kiss. After greeting my grandma I went and looked for my cousin. Her name was Brianna. She was around my age and my favorite cousin. She was my only girl cousin. We were so close as kids so it would be nice to hang out with her.

I talked to people here and there and finally we ate. It was delicious. While we were talking one of my cousins (not Brianna of course) brought up the subject of Joey.

"So tell us about your boyfriend, what is his name...oh yeah Joey!" Felix asks.

I knew he was trying to cause trouble. Felix was only a year or two younger than me but he was still annoying.

"What do you want to know?" I reply getting annoyed.

"Is he an alcoholic, does he do drugs?" Felix nosily wonders.

"No!" I yell from the other side of the table.

I was getting pissed. They were asking rude questions about my boyfriend.

"Your lucky we're in public!" I scolded. Or else I would've cursed him out right then and there.

*Joeys POV*

We all sat down at the table and gobbled up our turkey. As we were eating I started to talk about Melina.

"She is an amazing person and has brought so much joy into my life and I can't wait for you to meet her," I smile.

Everybody looked at me with a weird face. I was ready to punch them.

WHAT NOO THEY DONT LIKE JOEY AND MELINA 😭😭 sorry it took me so long to update I've been busy and I couldn't think of what to write but here enjoy ily 😘