Chapter 16: A New Season

*Melinas POV*

I'd been in my new school for almost half of the school year. Fall was closing up and winter was coming, but there wouldn't be any snow.

I loved the snow. Hot chocolate, snowmen, and my favorite, sledding. My father still lived in New Jersey so I could go there whenever I wanted. The only thing was that I would have to do school online for the time that I was there.

My dad lives in my old house. Right after my parents got divorced my mom decided to move us to California not only because of my career (she was planning to move already but not as soon) but also because she didn't want to have to live in the same state as him. My dad got remarried to a nice lady (thank god because I didn't want one of those evil stepmothers like in Cinderella). My mom had a boyfriend but I haven't seen him in a while with leaving the house so frequently.

Not many leaves have fallen here but a lot has in NJ. NJ had also gotten their first snow and I was dying to go there but my mom is making me wait.

Lauren was having a pool party for the start of winter. She was putting up lights and getting fake snow (well she wasn't putting the lights up exactly). There was going to be a professional chef to cook the meals. It was going to be a big deal. She invited me and a bunch of other people. It was at eight tonight so I decided to pick out my outfit and call my father.

"Hey!" my dad exclaimed, he must've been in a good mood.

"Hey long time no talk," I replied.

"So what's been going on?" my dad asked.

"Oh nothing." I lied, I didn't want to tell him what had happened now. My wrists were starting to heal anyways so. "I wanted to ask, when can I come down there, I miss the snow." I whined.

"How about in two weeks it'll be a week before Christmas then, and you can spend it with me this year since last year your mom had you."

"That would be great!" I squealed. "The only thing is, could I bring a friend?"

"Of course you could bring one of your girl-"

"It's actually a boy." I cut him off.

"Ok that's fine, I have to go I'll call you later, love you."

"Love you to. Byee."

I hung up the phone. It was seven. I had to start getting ready. I put on a black bathing suit top. I paired it with black bathing suit bottoms. Over it I put on a cropped top that had a wifi symbol and two bones crossing that stated "wifi or die." For my pants I put on a pair of jean shorts that were high waisted. For my makeup all I put on was waterproof mascara and eyeliner.

I grabbed my small clutch coach purse, my phone, and my keys,and headed off. I texted Joey letting him know I would be picking him up. I was excited yet worried at the same time for this party.

Before I arrived at Joey's house I got a text message...from S.

*hey just wanted to let you know that Joeys mom wasn't actually drinking, I hacked into his sisters phone number and texted him from there making it look like it was a real incident L:*

*Joeys POV*

I was all ready for the party today. Melina had texted me that she was picking me up. This party was going to be awesome, ten times better than Connor's party in the beginning of the school year.

Once I heard I beep I knew it was Melina. I darted out the door in the blink of an eye.

"This is gonna be fun," I smirk.

"Yeah," she replied.

We zoomed off to Lauren's house. It was huge. There were two men waiting at the gates. We showed them our invitations and they let us in. People handed us red cups. Oh god.

"Should we?" I ask concerned.

"One couldn't hurt right?" she asked.

I shrugged. Both of us had the same instincts. We both rose the red cups to our mouths and drink the toxic liquid inside. We tossed the cups aside and went inside to put our stuff down. When we got back outside half the people were already drunk when it wasn't even ten minutes into the party yet. I threw off my shirt and shoes. On the other hand she slowly took off her shirt, shorts, and flip flops. I was literally drooling watching her.

She put her foot in.

"It's heated." she said.

We both slowly walked into the warm pool. I sat down on one of the seats. She sat next to me.

"Hey I have a question. Do you maybe wanna come with me to New Jersey in two weeks for Christmas and just to hang, I mean you don't have to stay for Christmas but do you want to just come."

"It's fine, I'd love to come." I smiled, I couldn't wait to spend a lot of time with her away from all the drama.

"Then it will be just you and me," she smirked while leaning in to steal a kiss from me.

We started to kiss passionately in public. She didn't care, and I especially didn't. I gestured her to move onto my lap. She wrapped her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck. I grabbed her places you could probably figure out. It was a perfect moment. I was waiting for something like this since I started to like her.

We eventually stopped making out in public and talked to everybody but that party was perfect.

Omg guys over 300 reads?! what even?! yesterday we were at like 200 then 250 and now 300! I couldn't thank you guys enough. Also after every chapter I usually put a caption like this but from now on its gonna be in bold so yeah. ILY GUYS KEEP READING LETS GET TO 500!!! 🙆😏😘💖