Chapter 20: Escape

*Melinas POV*

I didn't want to go back downstairs. I didn't want to hear what they had to say, to see the look on their faces.

All my life I wasn't able to have a boyfriend, and now that I can my mom doesn't like Joey. Nothing goes right in my life, I wish I could just escape.

*Joeys POV*

I felt horrible. I wish my dad wasn't such an asshole. At the same time Melina's mom got me really upset. It wasn't her fault though. Either way I just wish things didn't have to be like this.

We headed downstairs, I was dreading what was to happen next. All we saw were 3 pairs of eyes staring at us. Melina and I were holding hand. We looked at each other one more time, then we sat down.

Melina's mom twiddled her fingers trying to find a response, "I'm truly sorry Joey, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings and I didn't want to make you feel bad."

"It's ok," I smiled.

We finished our dinner and talked about random crap. The rest of the night was ok. I offered Melina to stay the night but she said she was going to be busy tomorrow.

*Melinas POV*

I survived. I made it through the rest of the dinner, with no problems. I was relieved, I hope I didn't have to go through anything like that again.

hey guys! sorry this chapter was short, it was kinda just a filled since I hadn't updated in a while. the reason why I haven't been updating is because I lost interest once again but now I'm back into writing! I will be updating more often hopefully so don't worry. also I'm going to be coming out with a new book soon, a different series, so I hope you guys like that. anyways I hope you guys still hold on and keep reading, ily all 💕