Chapter 18 (Marry Me)

Are you d-darn serious?!

Yun lang ang lumabas sa bibig niya. She was so stunned. It's like her being left her for a moment. Did he just ask me to marry him? He did right? I'm not hallucinating.

This is so good too be true.

He pressed his lips in a thin line and looked at his right na para bang nag iisip.

Im going to kill you Kai! Don't tell me your kidding! Im gonna slap that gorgeous face of yours.

Its not a funny joke.

He burst out laughing.

Hell!!!!! Im scammed!!

Then bigla niya akong binitawan. I fell into the water saka siya tumakbo. Nakalunok pa ata ako ng isang baso.

Lintek ka Kai! Anak ka ng nanay mo. Asar na asar talaga ako.

I should've said yes before he laughed. He's really naugthy. Para niya akong dinala sa outer space to show me the stars saka ibinato sa earth.

Huhu. Naman Lord sana nilubos niyo na.

I got up.

Nagkandatumba pa ako. Hinabol ko siya. I jumped on his back so he bend slightly so that I can ride on his back freely.

He's going to piggyback me going home. That's what he gets for messing with my feelings.Hindi naman ito nagreklamo. She silently placed rested her chin on his shoulder.

I wanna stay with you forever Kai.

Hindi niya pa rin nakalimutan ang pamilya. She knew sooner or later someone is coming to get her. 'When' is  the question she can't answer. She suddenly hoped na sana hindi nalang siya hinahanap. She wants to stay with Kai like this. Eternally.

Pero alam niya hindi yun pwede.

We can't always get what we want.. And that's the sad reality we need to face.

Mabagal ang lakad ni Kai. He was silent.

The sun setting.

It's breathtaking indeed but her heart is heavy. Every sunset means another day ending. The mixed hue of colors can make you stop and stare. If she can only wish to stop the hands of time and stay like this -but as said we can't always get what we want.  Binaba na siya ni Kai pagdating sa kubo. They ate dinner and decided to prepare to sleep eventhought it's still early.

Kai sat on the floor with his made up bed. He was reading some books while she sat on her bed watching her silently.

What do you want to be in the future?
My voice broke the silence.

Doctor o abogado.
His stare never left the book he was reading.

Bagay yun kay Kai.. Law or Medicine... He must be so intelligent.

Its so sad.
Yung iba gustong gusto mag aral pero walang kakayahan. He had the passion and the intelligence but not the money.

Instead of sitting in a classroom here he was sitting in a four corners of a small hut reading his old books. While those people with silver spoons in their mouth are spending money like it was just harvested somewhere. Kai deserved the privilege more.

You should look for your Dad.

Alam niya wala siyang karapatang sabihin yun. She knew if Kai wanted his Dad's help hinanap niya na ito una palang.

Tulog na tayo.
That's his response.

He closed his book and prepared too sleep. Pinatay din nito ang gasera.