Chapter 22

Sometimes we cling to the things that make us bleed because we'd rather feel the pain in the unfamiliar than the peace we know.

The thick mist outside is blurring the lovely view she had from her room.

Alicze you should be here.

Si Ate Alyannah.
Gusto niya na umuwi ako para samahan siya. Ikakasal na kasi ang Ate niya, it's an arranged marriage. She strongly disagree with that pero wala naman siyang magagawa, it's not her decision to make. Kesa naman tumanda na dalaga ang Ate Alyannah niya.

You can handle it Yannah. Your old enough.

I need a back up Ali and you are the only family I have and Im not old

Yes you are. You're still older than me that basically means your old.

Really? Your baseless reasons Alicze!

They both laughed.

Ni hindi mo pa nga nakikita yang pakakasalan mo, how can you ever think of living with a stranger.

Her eyes rolled.

Alyannah shrugged.

It doesn't matter. I heard he's fine.

Nagresearch ka ba?

Yeah...

That sounds unsure.
She arched her brow.

Well.. I've seen him a few times.

Its really odd for her cousin to act like that. Pagdating sa negosyo ay sigurado si Alyannah sa lahat ng desisyon nito.

Are you sure it's not about bussiness?
Tanong niya sa pinsan. Nakakapagtaka talaga. Her cousin is an independent 21st century type of lady. She doesn't need a man in her life then suddenly tatawag si Alyannah asking her to get her ass home dahil magpapakasal ito. Ni wala nga itomg boyfriend maliban sa mga lalaki na ka flingnito.

Isn't it weird people? O talaga lang na OA ako mag isip.

Alyannah sighed. Pag ganyan ibig sabihin suko na ito sa kanya. Ang lakas kaya ng convincing powers niya. Nobody can say no to her. And there she knew it. Alyannah has a motive.

I knew it Alyannah!!!

-Ali listen. We need this for the stability of the company.

No!
Typical Alyannah. Everything for the business. She hates that mindset.

You don't know anything about the business Alicze.

Natahimik siya.

Okay.. Look I can't promise but I will try.
Sabi niya bago pinutol sinara ang laptop.

Of course she doesn't want the bussiness to fail. It's her daddy's legacy.

Namatay ang parents niya dahil sa Aksidente. Before her 18th birthday they went sailing with Nemo her yatch. The yacth exploded and her parents did not survive. I was on comma for months at nang naggising ako wala kong maalala kahit ano.

Where I was, who I was, there was nothing about me.

The first faces I saw was Alyannah and Nana. They helped me remember, they showed me photos and tell me stories of who I was. Sabi ng doctor babalik naman ang alaala ko specially if they will show me things that are very familiar to me. Natulungan akong makaalala. Everything was hard at first . It was so hard to handle. Waking up clueless and finding out your parents died. Parents I can't even remember.