Chapter 19: Damn it all

Elizabeth! We were going against that crazy bitch? I couldn't believe this. I read it. Once. Twice. Three times!

"Damn it all!" I muttered.

"How are we supposed to win Lilith?" I asked in desperation. "I'm sure she's healed by now, Lucifer couldn't have done that much."

She wasn't answering me. "Lilith?"

"Hmm?"

"What do you know about her? She was about to be your familiar anyways."

"She's quite powerful. I doubt that sword did much, you didn't put your true intent into Lucifer anyway."

I started pacing, "What if I hit a vital organ?"

"No good, it'll heal right up, plus she's technically half dead."

"And we can't kill her, since it's a spar."

"What about blood loss?"

"It would take too long."

"What about vampire weapons?" I asked, desperate for something.

"That's right, there isn't anything near this academy that can be used as a vampire weapon against her..." I zoned out and didn't hear the rest of what Lilith was saying.

I stopped pacing and that's when it hit me.

"What about...blood?" I asked.

"I already told you, blood loss isn't going to work. It would take too long." She said.

"That's not what I meant."

"What the-Oh." She looked at me.

"A Blood-cage!" We exclaimed.

"What about her familiar? A blood cage won't work on him." I said.

"It could work, depending on his feeding source." She said.

"What's the chance of him being a blood-sucker like her?"

"Pretty likely, she only had me because of my father, and I had her because I thought I had no choice..."she mumbled that last bit,but it was still audible to me since my senses were heightened.

I rolled my shoulders, trying to relax.

So many negatives, and not many positives. We were relying on theories, not facts, and that in of itself is dangerous.

"Celia and Lilith Morningstar, please proceed to the arena." An attendant called us.

I began to walk towards the arena, trying to look as powerful as possible, knowing that Lilith was by my side. I peeked at her and saw her purple aura flowing around her. I smirked, it seemed she was excited as much as I was about this fight. We would finally fight together. And we would win, no matter what.

Technically this was considered a spar, but we could break and stab our opponents as if it was an actual fight, but we can't kill them. I wouldn't mind Elizabeth dying, but it meant I wouldn't have to hold myself back. At all.

I saw Elizabeth and her familiar, he seemed...weak. You never know with demons though. As soon as she saw me Elizabeth bared her fangs, I just waved. As soon as the demon saw Lilith however, he seemed to shrink into himself more than I thought possible.

We finally made it into the arena and I unsheathed my sword, eager for a fight. I was ready to see some blood, whether it be mine or hers, I didn't really care. There was another bubble surrounding us (as what I can describe it) to protect the spectators. The arena itself was small but enough for me and Lilith to talk without being heard.

She took out a dagger and grabbed my hand. I was suddenly very alarmed "What are you doing?".

"I need some blood, so we can be connected, you have to do the same as well. This will be to activate our power as true familiars." She said.

I put Lucifer away.

I was confused "You mean all that wasn't our true power? From yesterday?"

"It was, I'm saying that this will help us...predict each others moves." She said.

"Oh you mean actually being connected. Why didn't we do this during the ritual?" I asked.

"I didn't know if you wanted to...and I...needed to know how to hide some things from you..." I'm not sure what she meant by that, but I decided to ignore it.

"Go ahead. I don't want to lose our only chance to get Adamantite class. Do it."

She nodded and ran the dagger across my forearm, blood immediately came spilling out. There was so much. Lilith pulled it closer and began to suck my wound. I felt my face heat up and I looked away. Elizabeth saw and a frown formed on her face. Lilith moved further up my arm, away from my wound and began to plant kisses. I gasped and pushed her head away from my skin. Not now. Not when I needed to focus.

"Why did you..." I asked still very shocked.

She smirked "It looked tasty." What was she even saying?

"But in public?" I asked, looking around.

"I doubt they noticed." She said.

I nodded, unsure of what she was saying. All her soft touches made my blood rush to my cheeks, my heart felt...fluttery every time she did anything to me. I don't know why..I don't understand what's wrong with me. I looked at Lilith. It doesn't seem like she's struggling with what I'm struggling with.

I grabbed the dagger and did the same. Blood began pooling out and dripping down her porcelain skin. I licked up all the drops of blood then began to suck at her wound. I felt her stiffen up and clench her fist.

I looked at her beautiful eyes and decided to do something rash. "I'll reward you at home." I saw her blush and hold back a smile.

I looked back at Elizabeth. She was walking towards me so I unsheathed Lucifer and began to walk towards her. Lucifer immediately began to release flames from itself (I was confused too, but decided to go with the flow). Elizabeth's familiar looked like he was a servant and not a familiar with him walking behind her with his head down.

I turned back around and grabbed Lilith's hand. She looked a little surprised but didn't fight it. We finally met each other at the middle of the arena. I smirked. She bared her fangs.

Let the games begin.

Indeed. I said to myself

I smiled and said "This is going to be fun.".

Word Count: 1035~