Chapter 26: The Voice

I felt...warm.

So warm.

I don't want to open my eyes, but I have to.

I woke up to feel Lilith's hands around my waist, her face nuzzled into the crook of my neck. Mmm...I would like to stay in this position, but the scores and assignments come out today.

If we get Adamantite class then we would get a high assignment in the mundane world, such as working as a Queen's bodyguards. We can even venture into other dimensions.

Lower classes get simpler tasks in the mundane world, like tracking down demons, or becoming bounty hunters.

I felt her move and tighten her hold on me. Not today...not after yesterday, I can't take it. I need to wake her up, but she looks so cute and vulnerable while she sleeps.

"Do you always look like this? No, I'm sure you don't. I love when you open up to me." I whisper.

"Really? Then I'd open up a lot more if I could." She replied.

"Lilith! You're awake!" I say, embarrassed, I didn't mean for her to hear that. I thought she was still asleep.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Oh...I don't know. Umm, how are you feeling?" I ask, turning my body so that I'm facing her...chest.

"I feel fine. Shall I make breakfast?" She asks.

I nod and ask her to give me a minute. She nods and stays still while my hand cups her cheek. I stare at her luminous eyes and give her a kiss. She groans and tightens her hold on me. Our legs tangle with each other, the kiss getting more heated. She gives me an opening and I slip my tongue inside. I hear her moan my name and that's when I decide to pull back.

I look at her teasingly "It's best if things don't get too heated in the morning."

She blushes and puts a hand to her face, covering her expression. When she removes her hand, she's a heartless being, no emotions would make it through that wall of willpower. It's truly moments like these that I wonder what she might be thinking.

She gets up and leaves to make breakfast.

It's wrong, you know. This relationship I mean.

Of course I know it's wrong! What am I supposed to do about it?

Stop it. Focus.

This little therapy session didn't seem to be helping me. Although I am just talking to myself, so I didn't expect it to be effective. I do always wonder why I talk to myself, it isn't healthy.

You aren't talking to yourself.

...I'm definitely going crazy.

It seems that this voice of mine always wants me to do what it wants. Always telling me to focus when I should. I guess it isn't all that bad. But that nagging feeling during my time with Lilith last night didn't go away. Is it possible that this is it ?

And that's when I knew I had lost my mind.

Listen to me! What the heck was I even saying?

Yeah...it's crazy.

"Come eat!" Lilith called.

I stumbled to the table and sat down. Strawberry crepes. My favorite. How did she?

"I hope you like strawberry," She said sheepishly. "I'm not sure of your preferences yet, so this was a safe bet."

I smiled and got up, wrapping my arms around her. I got on my tip toes and kissed her forehead.

"It's perfect." I sat back down and began to eat.

She stood there stunned, but quickly regained her composure.

A little on the salty side, but you can't expect much out of a demon who doesn't eat human food?

Shut up. They're perfectly fine.

Hm. If you say so.

I must be on some type of drug right now. But, this voice seems to have calmed down, it's kinder, and...it seems like a completely different thing.

"Hey...Lilith?" I asked with a mouthful of crepes.

"Yes?"

"Umm... so, I'm hearing voices."

She turned around, suddenly very alarmed.

"Possession?"

"No...I've been hearing it since I met you." I said.

"What?" She exclaimed.

"I just always thought it was me talking to myself." I said sheepishly.

"What does it sound like?" She inquired.

"Well, I'm sure it's a female. It sounds kind of like me..." I said.

She looked confused "Are you sure it's not you?"

Yes, she's sure.

I yelped "Yes, I'm sure, she? She just responded."

Lilith looked at the clock on the wall "We'll have to deal with that later."

It was clear she didn't believe me. It's not like it's serious but I do understand why she wouldn't believe me.

You have me at least the voice said.

Shut up. Don't bother me today, our scores and our first assignments are given out today. If I look even a bit unhinged then they'll demote us.

I understand how important this is for you, I won't be a bother.

I go into the restroom with my uniform. I take a quick shower and get dressed, and brush my teeth. When I come out I see Lilith holding a new eyepatch for me.

"Thanks, I was going to ask you for another one but I forgot." I said as I began to put on the patch.

"Let's get going. We should be at least 10 minutes early." I said.

"Right, let me make the portal."

She snapped her fingers and a portal materialized. Guess she got her much needed soul.

"Show off." I mumbled as I walked through the portal, I could hear her laugh.

I teleported right into the Great Hall, surprised that there weren't that many students there yet. I didn't even see Sabrina and Nico.

I did however see Elizabeth and Clay. Elizabeth saw me and began to approach me, until Clay put a hand on her shoulder and shook his head.

"She still doesn't seem to have learned her lesson." Lilith responded from behind me.

"No...I guess not."

"What does she want?" Lilith asked, confused.

Oh. She wouldn't understand, would she? She doesn't understand or perceive emotions like I do, like humans do.

"You. She wants you." I said plain and simple, if I said it any other way, she wouldn't understand.

I would have to teach her. It seems she understood lust and longing, but not love. She understood pain and suffering, but not mercy.

Teaching her this would bring her closer to humanity.

Closer to me.

Word Count: 1078~