Chapter 17: One night

I serve up the Alfredo with a side of chicken. Lilith waits for me to sit down and then begins to eat. We eat in silence. I have so many questions to ask her, but I don't know where to begin.

"Lilith."

"Yes?"

"You taste, your blood tastes like..."

"A pure blood? That's because I am." She answers.

A pure blood demon? No way! That sort of answers the question as to why she's so powerful. But that means...that He's her father.

"Just who is your father?" I ask.

She tenses up. After another minute of silence she sighs in defeat and stands up. I follow after her.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." I say.

"You didn't. And it's about time my father met you. He's been asking too." She replied.

I can't even fathom what she means by that statement. She cracks her index finger with her thumb and begins to make a portal. This one may take a bit longer than my pop up ones because we are going in between space, if that makes sense. This portals color is different, its a blood red. She takes out her hand. I grab it and we walk through the portal. On the other side it is dark and it's snowing ashes. We walk through the streets for what seems like forever and we finally come upon a mansion made of gold. Who would have so much money to throw around in Hell?

We walked up to the front of the mansion.

"Wait Lilith we don't want to disturb him..."

"It's my house, I'm sure he won't mind." She said.

She took a deep breath and with one strong kick, the door opened. We were immediately greeted by a butler.

"Welcome back, Lady Snow." He bowed.

"Take me to my father." She commanded.

"Yes, my lady." And with that he began walking towards where I could only assume Lilith's father was at. His mansion walls were made of gold. Who could be so powerful as to have a mansion made of gold? Other than Lucifer, ruler of Hell of course. The decoration of this house was extravagant, the chandeliers were gold and had diamond accents. The furniture was of the finest leather and velvet. We moved through the living room and the butler opened a big door that opened to a...throne room? Why would there be a throne room here? Her father had quite the ego, if Lucifer found out about this, I doubt he would be pleased.

This was utter madness on my part, we were in lower Hell now, where all the fallen angels reside. With my ancestry I don't think they would let me leave. I was powerful, yes, but powerful enough to fight a former angel? I was pushing my luck in that department.

I realized that there was a man sitting at the throne, working on some papers. No wonder Lilith left this place, this guy must be an egomaniac. I looked around but didn't see anyone else. We stopped at the foot of the throne. The man looked up.

"You may go." He said to the butler.

"Yes, my lord." The butler bowed and left the throne room.

"You came back and brought company I see." He said to Lilith.

"Father, this is my familiar, Celia." She said and kneeled. I stood. He arched an eyebrow towards me in interest.

"Who might you be to attract the attention of my daughter?" He asked. Lilith tensed at the question.

"My name is Celia. And forgive me for asking this, but who are you?" I asked.

"Lilith's father, who else might I be?" He replied.