I'm guessing this part needs a little short explaination.(Chapter 5)

You see what I'm doing here is quite different from what is done now. Nowadays, you just ask and they respond, if they say yes, the ceremony continues privately in your dorm.

Back then, before they forced demons to be paired, you had to do this ceremony and give your flower to your familiar. Everyone's is different, except true familiars, which are extremely rare.

Anyway, you give your flower to the demon who you want to be your familiar. This means that you are pledging your allegiance to them and if they accept, they will also pledge their allegiance by presenting their flower.

This method is so ancient I doubt that hunters today know it was used. I stumbled upon it in one of the books in the Grand Library at the capital, where I grew up. I decided I wanted to do something different, be someone different. This way, I could completely give Lilith my soul if she so wanted it. This isn't even the real ceremony, just the public part of it. I think Lilith was surprised because

1) It hasn't been used in centuries.

and

2) She knew that I knew I was willing to sell my soul to have her as my familiar.

I was willing to give her my soul at the end. This was a bit different from familiars, this was more like a covenant. Of course, in a covenant, you have to give a soul to summon a demon and you have to sacrifice your soul for your wish.

I'm just asking if she wants my soul in return for being my familiar. She can either accept the soul but still be my familiar, or not accept to be my familiar but take my soul. This was very risky business, very risky.

Hope you guys had a good thanksgiving break!

Word Count: 310~