Chapter 1

I groaned. I completely forgot! Today's the day that I become a "true" member of the pack. It's a celebration for all the Wolf Dragons born two springs ago. You have to battle one of the older "true" pack members. If you succeed, you become a "Member" if you don't, you have to wait another year to become a "true member of the pack. I, personally, find it extremely offensive because, I am basically stronger than all the other "untrue" members and it is not exactly kind for the less strong wolves to be "untrue" Really becoming a "true" member stops you from being automatically kicked out of the pack ( of course your mother refuses, and you get a second chance). Being a true member and haven committed crime, you have to face the entire wolf council and the High ranking Wolf Dragons decide your fate. 

Well, I thought. I suppose I should go. As I made my way to the BoldStone (The flat rock which our Alpha, Cunning always stands on for important matters) I noticed Rockfur, the meanest Wolf Dragon alive, proudly standing on the BoldStone. One of the Wolf Dragons today would have to fight him. I thought about my friend Quinn, who wasn't exactly the best at fighting. If he got Rockfur to battle, I swear, I would jinx him for a fair match. I wouldn't worry too much about myself though. See, I have a wolf base, large dragon wings but I can transform into a dragon or any combination of wolf and dragon. That is what you call Wolf Dragon Species Z. Quinn, on the other paw, is type B, so he has wolf base, Dragon wings and larger claws. Not exactly the type who defeats mean bullies who are 50 more pounds than him. As I stepped up to the BoldStone, I noticed my mom, in the crowd beaming at me. She had her plaster mould ready (When my mom did her ceremony, she made a paw imprint in plaster. Now it hangs up in our den). I grinned. I can't wait till my mom sees me win this battle. Cunning strode to the center of the BoldStone.

"Welcome all Wolf Dragons to the annual Pack Welcoming Ceremony!" He announced. "For our competitors, we have; Quinn Alpine, WindWing Birchmore, Shrubtail, Maplegrove and Nova D'eLuna!" Ok, so they organized it by strength. Of course I was last. He also pronounces my last name wrong. He says DEL- una It's actually pronounced with a french accent (although it's not really french). For my family came from the english and french sides. So it would be DAY- LOO- na.

But, I shrugged it off. No big deal. Everyone knows who I am.

"Now our opponents! Quinn Alpine with-" I held my breath. -"Mist Evergreen!" Phew. Mist only won because her opponent had a broken leg. She is Cunning's daughter .But she is so kind and would let anyone other than Rockfur, win purposefully.

"WindWing with Faith Hopspring, Shrubtail with Cobra LongFur, And Nova D'eLuna (again says it wrong) with RockFur Proudtail."

Rockfur! Oh ya. I can't wait to finally rip his face apart. Violence is prohibited at all times except for the ceremonies unless you are in border patrol, then you can attack trespassers. So Quinn was up first. Mist made a big deal about smacking him and then tripping on his tail and stubbing her toe on a rock. She looked convincing. And Quinn "won"! I cheered. The next two battles were taken somewhat seriously, but one of the "true" members fighting was older so he was going easy on them. Now it was my turn. I took a deep breath. I turned to face Rockfur. "Oh no I'm so scared" he sneered. I rolled my eyes and focused on his thigh. That was my first target.

"GO!"

I leaped. Rockfur was slower than I expected. I bit down hard on his flank. He howled than placed his fangs into a hard lock in my throat. I went limp. He thought I was pretending to lose so he held firmly. Exactly what I wanted him to think. I transformed into dragon form. You, see when you have your snout stuck in between two iron hard scales, you have a hard time seeing and knowing what you're doing, plus an awful bruise. He tripped and fell face first to the ground. I placed my paws on his chest. I won. I expected it to be way harder. My mom ran up and gave me a hug. She placed my bloody paw into the mould. She didn't bother cleaning out the blood. Whatever, it looks cooler that way.