Chapter 26

My jaw dropped. What sort of creature could father such a thing? It looked as if it was crossed with a dozen things. But that doesn't make sense. If the maned wolf part was Satin, then the rest would be a bunch of things. So how could two parents make this thing? Unless the father was a crazy hybrid or something....

I had no more time to think. I've gotta get to my friends and tell them about what happened.

I twirled and teleported briskly to Ruby's den.  "Ruby! Red!" I cried. 

They came rushing down the stairs. "what?

"we need to leave now! Get in my bag!"

"Red, wait! You can't leave without me. I am coming too!" Ruby cried.

"You can't!" I exclaimed. "It's too dangerous."

"Says the pup who is five years younger than me!" She snapped and jumped in after Simba, who had been gelling his fur and leaped in.

Quinn looked at me quizzically. I glared at him and he raced into the magic bag after the rest of my friends.

I turned around as I heard footsteps. The guards were braking in to Ruby's den! I gasped in horror as I thought they would pull me back before I could teleport away, but I made it just in time. The guard's claw just barely grazed my skin. I whirled out as fast as I could. and only then it occured to me I had no idea where I was planning to teleport. Suddenly, a large dark shadow burst out from the temporary teleportation void that I rarely see (Only over long distances.). It came racing over and engulfed itself onto us! Miraculously, I managed to reappear before I was.... swallowed by the mass.

"What was that?!" Quinn howled, leaping out of my bag, nearly knocking me over with the force.

"I.... I'm not quite sure." I stuttered, too shocked for any more words.

"I think the most important question right now is, where are we?!" Saber said.

I looked around. We were in the plains. Tall grass danced across the horizon. I saw some herds of plains pegasi grazing in the distance. Small burrowing creatures padded across the dry ground.

"I think... Is there supposed to be plains in the Lunae Silvam?" I asked hesitantly.

No one answered.

The leader of the tribe of these... humans.. told me- by my understanding, that he would help me look for Jamar. He said he could guide me through the jungle and lead me outside of it. We left at dawn, when predators were scarce. We walked for ages, and my legs felt  so unfamiliar against the cold, barren ground. My old talons had been scaled, armoured from twigs and stones that scattered on the ground. After an hour or so, I had blisters and cuts all alongs my heel.

The leader stopped and turned around. He had a protective layer of cloth and bark tied on the soles of his feet. He peeled off a piece of bark from a tree and told me something I could not understand. He must have seen the confusion of my face so he tried to tell me in my tongue. "Tak fawbwic on hannd" He said, curling his words. 

Hand? What hand..... oh ya. I had these fabric pieces tied around my wrists to prevent the bleeding from some cuts a few days earlier. I peeled it off and tied the bark to my feet. I stood upright. It felt strange, having a flat foot instead of grooves. We continued on, and I soon found out to be careful when climbing or standing on something. when I climbed over a log, I was missing the groove that allowed me to balance off the edge without falling. I grew accustomed to then slowly, but It did stop more scrapes and bruises from forming. 

I began to see light pouring through the trees up ahead. The leader motioned for me to follow him as he broke out of the jungle. I followed behind him. I had to shield my eyes from the sun as I exited the moist jungle. Sun blared in every direction. It took a few second for my eyes to adjust. When they did, gasped. Dry, cracked ground covered in soft dewy grass went as far as I could see. I was in some sort of... savana. But.. there were no plains in the Lunae Silvam like this! so... Where was I?

When my friends didn't answer, I asked "Skye? I need you."

She nickered happily at the fellow pegasi (even if she is a miniature one). 

"Can you talk to them? ask them where we are? you can show us on the map that we have. Oh, and while you're at it, give them a poster, see if they understand. Perhaps they can relay the message on to others." I told her.

She flew lightly over to the herd. After a few exchanged neighs, Skye came back.

I layed out the map. It is zoomed in on the Lunae Silvam, but you can see the flat island where the other continents are. 

Skye placed her dainty hooves on the map. she traced over the south coast, as if the herd had given her directions. when she came across the point, she whinnied. 

The island had no labels, but we knew exactly where we were. The Badlands. The most forbidden island beside the Lunae Silvam.