Chapter 15

We all stood, frozen. We were right. She was a Wolf Dragon after all. She must be exactly like me. Type Z. Able to transform.

"How long have you been able to do this?" I asked her.

"Since you came back with them" She said, pointing at Saber and Simba.

Saber looked at me in a disapproving way.

Red nodded, blankly.

Quinn simply stared. "It's not fair!" He said. "Why am I the only Wolf Dragonet that can't transform!" 

"You're not the only one. My mother can't. Neither can Apricot." I pointed out, rolling my eyes.

Saber shook her head. She patted Cymry's head and said, "I'm leaving now. To the river. See ya."

"Wait!" Simba yowled. "We need you!" 

"Then come on!" Saber called.

We left for the river. We reached it just before mid afternoon. 

"I guess we hop on?" Red said, Pointing at two large fallen trees drifting their way.

I leapt onto the first log. Quinn followed and so did Red. I had Skye with me. Cymry went with her mother, Simba and Kiko. They were hard to balance at first but then we found a position that easily floated down without falling into the river. The ride was quite enjoyable, actually. In fact It was rather one of my favourite parts of the day. We bobbed up and down for what seemed like hours. Simba informed us regularly how long it would take to get to the lumifrost lake. Finally He told us we would be there within the next ten minutes. preferably, flight would take about a third of the time but, Since Red, Cymry, Simba and Saber would have to stop constantly, it wasn't worth it. We neared a turn.

"Do you hear that?" Quinn wondered.

I heard something too. But it was too late for wondering because when we neared the corner, we realized we were heading straight for a waterfall.

"AHHHHHHHH!" We screamed as we flung off the edge.

I tried desperately to do something and I wished we were up on the riverbank. Suddenly, we were there. by the riverbank.

Red gasped. "How?

I realized what had happened. "this happened before." I told them. "When I went to get Quinn something from the market, there was only one left. I wanted it so badly that suddenly I was there."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Quinn asked.

"I had no idea if I just thought it happened or not." I said, guilty.

"How could you teleport? That is like, against the laws of sense!" Saber exclaimed.

I shrugged. "It was only a myth."

Cymry groaned. "You could have teleported us there already!" 

"But she didn't know for sure that she could do it." Quinn said defensively. "She just needs practice, that's all."

"We should almost be there now." Red said, changing the subject.

"That's right. I think the waterfall actually goes in to the lake." Simba said.

I flew down alongside my friends. Red's flying skills had improved significantly. Simba turned out to be right. The waterfall went over into a beautiful, shimmering lake. There were trees surrounding it. The lake overall seemed to have a magical vibe. The water was clear and koi fish swam throughout it.

"Can I get one?" Kiko exclaimed excitedly, pointing at a fish.

Simba shook his head. "That will raise and alarm. Lumist was clever with his magic."

"So I guess we should swim down- and we can breathe right?- Then find the pink coral and then..." I started, looking at Simba for assistance.

"I don't know. He never told me. The note in the coral will say so." Simba replied.

I plunged in. Koi scattered and for a second I couldn't see anything because of the fish. I took in a breath. The water was breathable. I swam further down until I saw a trench going so deep you couldn't see anything inside of it. "Come" I spoke into the water. But although it was breathable, it still muffled my voice. I motioned with my paw instead. My friends hurried after me. I noticed Cymry, her mother and Simba looking upset. I laughed- or tried to. Cats hate water. It's true. We swam downward until there was just the lake floor. I searched around. It was impossible to see in the dark. I felt a shape brush against me. Cymry. She could see in the dark! Of course. 

She led me towards a shape in the water. "Layeght" light.

I remembered that the magical earrings Quinn got me gave off light as well as a forcefield when there was dark magic around. I knew of some spells that were dark magic that we aren't allowed to use. I voiced one out loud.  It came out strange but sure enough, the earrings reacted to the attempt. A glow lit up the area. I saw Quinn and Red still far awayRed was being chased by a crab. They saw the light. They swam over. Quinn gave me a claws up. I tapped the coral. It shifted and opened up to reveal a note with a bubble of air around it. So it won't get wet. I thought. I grabbed it and read it to myself. 

There is a crab on the sea floor. It is blue. It will chase anyone in sight. If you turn him upside down, there will be a key. take the key to the sides of the trench. you will find a keyhole underneath some coral growing on the side. The coral with move if you pull it up. A cave will open up. Find me there.

I passed the message along to each of my friends. As they read it, I noticed the light radiating around us grow dimmer. I motioned to Quinn and tapped my ears. He nodded and swam over to help me look for the cave quickly. Green coral! I flipped it back. Quinn nodded, grabbed the crab and turned the key just as everything went pitch black. Then, A light. There was light coming from inside the cave! We all went into the cave and then we plopped onto the ground. The water stopped! It must be held up by magic. I thought. The cave was completely dry. 

I shrugged, shook myself off and told my friends, "I have to learn to do that!"

We laughed but were interrupted by a mystical voice. 

"Welcome. Simba, I see." There was a pause. "And the young female Wolf Dragon. Not the baby but you.... Nova. I sense great power in you. But you must be trained before it's too late."

"w-What do you mean?" I stammered.

"There was once a Wolf Dragon just like you who could teleport." The mystery voice said. It must be Lumist.

"yes?" I asked.

"He teleported out of the universe."