Chapter 21

I gasped as the world around me spun. It seemed to last forever. My heart began to pound. What if I couldn't get out? But then, I was free of the vortex and was in my village. It must take longer to teleport over long distances, I thought. I reached into the bag. I felt Kiko grasp my paw. One by one, I pulled them up and out of the bag. 

Quinn was shaking with fear. "We were in there so long, I was really getting worried!"

"Same." The others muttered in agreement.

"We have to find the pack." I said.

"look around! No one's on the street! they must have gone into hiding." Quinn observed, looking over the streets.

"Psst" A voice whispered from behind the bramble.

"Huh?" I asked. 

"Who's there!?" Saber hissed, crouching down.

"Come!" The voice said.

"Let's go!" Quinn urged.

We tip-toed carefully into the bracken, tails raised, eyes alert.

A wolf strode forward. It was Cunning. I could make out the eyes and shapes of many other wolves behind him, in the incased bushy area. It was a great spot to hide.

"Nova? Quinn?" He said. "Where were you?"

My mother ran from the crowd. She was followed by Apricot. She hugged me. "I missed you so so so  much!" 

Cunning cleared his throat. "I said, where were you" 

"We were everywhere. We nearly travelled half the Lunae Silvam!" I said.

"First we went to my village, then we invaded the dragon palace...." Red started.

"And then we found Kiko, the baby Wolf Dragonet whose parents were the cause of this war..." Quinn added.

"...And then we went to the CheetahHawk village and were betrayed and then we were friends again!" Red put in.

"Don't forget being imprisoned by the CheetahHawks and escaping thanks to the notes of-" I looked my mother in the eye. "- Lumist who yes, I know you were friends with and yes- I do know about the prophecy. It's about us." I said.

"And then, we met my good friend Lumist again and stayed there for a while until we learned about the dragons attacking the villages so Nova teleported us back!" SImba exclaimed.

Cunning stood, gaping.

"You are being too loud!" Saber hissed.

"Who are all of you?" My mother asked. "I know Quinn of course. But the rest of you?"

"I'm Red-"

"-Cymry-"

"Kiko!!!" 

"I am Simba, the barber!"

"I'm Saber, this little brat's mother."

My mother smiled nervously, glancing at Saber.

"It's alright. She's on our side." I told her.

"Wait a second, Did you say Nova teleported?" Cunning exclaimed.

I nodded. "Lumist taught me all sorts of cool tricks. Speaking of which, where's Rockfur? Did he get punished for using dark magic?"

"He did. He was exiled." Cunning said. "We found out he was trying to hex all the opposing competitors. He also was charged for a number of things. Spirit communication or trying to distract us was a big one."