Chapter 8

I howled with rage as the guards blasted another jet of fire at me. Cymry and I were chained up and were being tortured. Quinn and Red were sent to be executed in the first torture room. There was however another torture being held there from some dragon who was involved in murder. That will spare us some time. Hopefully, I thought. We can save them after this. I tried not to think of what would happen otherwise.

"Tell me!" The King roared. "HAVE YOU SEEN THE EGG?" 

"NO!" I cried in pain as they burnt me yet again. "We haven't seen it!"

"What were you doing next to the body of my Patrol officer?" He raged on, stomping his front feet.

"He attacked us!" I yelped. "We were just defending ourselves." 

Cymry starting yowling. Her body wasn't accustomed to fire. "I saved them! That guy tried to kill Red!"

"Yes but, he must have seen something with you!" The King yelled.

"We had some gold. Nothing else." I said with my teeth clenched.

Cymry groaned. She wasn't going to last much longer.

"Well then. Guards, that's enough. You deserve a gift. Guards take my enchanted mirrors...." He turned around.

I frowned. I had heard this before. He had given me a mirror.  Why is he trying to get everybody to take the mirror gifts.... Unless..... I understood. "Cymry, He gave me a mirror too, when I was in dragon form. I think he can see through the mirror to where people are at." I whispered. "I think he can see into my bag. Luckily, it is dark in there. But Quinn and I both looked into it! Who knows if he saw us and our location!"

Cymry nodded weakly. " I think we should go now..." 

"What do you mean?" I asked. "How could we possibly get out" I said nodding towards the chains.

She smiled and held up her wrist. The chain had melted! "I blocked the fire with my wrist. It eventually melted." She jumped up and squirmed out of the chains.

 She then leaped and sank her fangs into the guard who was then currently receiving his mirror. For a cheetah, she was fierce. He cried out and fell to the ground. She grabbed the key and unlocked my handcuffs. We ran out of the room and flew (Cymry glided) Down to the lower level. When we reached the dungeons, we headed to Torture Room One and flung the door open. The guards were just starting the process.

"NOVA!" Quinn cried with glee. He twisted and then kicked the guards holding him.

He and Red ran away from the guards. We attacked the guards until they were unconscious.

Only then did I realize the large amount of blood pooling from the shoulder that had already been badly bruised. I gasped. Red tied a bit of cloth she had that the guards put over her snout around the wound. 

"Thanks" I said.

We retreated and escaped the castle.  I carried Red while Quinn helped Cymry stay aloft. We returned by evening to the cave that we were at before. Skye and Kiko were fine and had stayed inside the invisible cage. I smashed the mirror and buried the shards.

"We've gotta go" I said, hurriedly pushing everyone out of the cave.

"What about the village? We've got to warn them." Quinn said.

Suddenly I felt as if my body weighed a thousand pounds. I fell down. I groaned. "I've been so foolish. To leave everyone there like that." I closed my eyes. Quinn knelt down beside me. He put a paw on my shoulder. I winced. It ached so much.

"Everything will be alright." He said.

"I hope so." I whispered.

I hope so.