Chapter 22

So this is why the presidential table has three seats. Kasalukuyang nakaupo sa gitna ng table si Atticus. Celine was on his right side. So the other seat is reserved for her! She saw Amelia walking towards them. Their table was directly in front of the makeshift stage.

Everyone was applauding as well.

"Are you okay?" biglang tanong ni Atticus kay Celine.

"Y-Yeah" she squeaked.

"Your hands are suddenly cold," puna nito.

And when Amelia was near them, she saw how her face turned to shock ng makita siyang nakaupo sa tabi ni Atticus.

Celine tried to act normal especially when Amelia sat on the other side of Atticus.

"Hello, hijo," bati ni Amelia sa anak. "You look extremely handsome tonight. And oh, you didn't tell me you brought Celine. Kamusta ka na, hija? Long time no see," the woman said, turning to Celine.

"I didn't think you'd show tonight," Atticus said. "Akala ko ay busy ka sa London trip mo kasama ang mga amiga mo."

"Oh, no, hijo! I wouldn't miss this event for the world. The company's foundation day plus the return of the President after five years, I will surely be here," sagot nito. "And you, hija, it's good to see you. Blue looks good on you."

"T-Thanks," she said. Hindi siya marunong makipagplastikan at hindi niya makakalimutan ang huli nilang pagkikita ng babaeng ito. She insulted her and her mother.

"Hijo, hindi kita naabutan sa mansion. Dumaan ako doon kaninang tanghali para sana sabay tayong makapag-lunch pero wala ka daw sabi ni Manang Celia," kwento ni Amelia.

The program has already started so Atticus' attention was on stage. Pero sinagot niya pa rin ang tanong ng ina. "I'm staying at my condo in Makati."

Kitang-kita ni Celine kung paano naningkit ang mga mata ni Amelia sa narinig. "Where? Don't tell me you're staying with Celine."

"I am, Ma," maikling sagot nito.

Celine swore that she saw Amelia's eyes shoot daggers on her ng marinig ito ni Amelia. Atticus was unaware because he was busy with the program on stage.

***

The event ended well. Everything was fluid and well-planned. And now, Atticus was mingling with the other directors at naiwan siya sa table nila.

Amelia, on the other hand, was talking to Amaro and his son Dimitri. Mukhang malapit ang mga ito sa isa't isa.

"What's a beautiful lady doing here alone?" tanong ng isang binata sa kanya.

She looked up to see a familiar face. "Yego?"

The man instantly beamed. "I knew it! I'm unforgettable!" And he sat beside her. "It's been so long. Kamusta ka na? I haven't seen you since my friend left for Singapore."

"A-ayos naman ako," tipid na sagot niya. "Ikaw?"

"I think I'm okay?" hindi siguradong sagot nito. "Surviving, I guess."

"Bakit naman?"

"My dad wants me to get married soon and give him some grandkids," he spilled.

Natawa siya sa sinabi nito. "Wow! Kawawa ka naman. Natanong mo na ba ang girlfriend mo tungkol diyan?"

"That's the problem. I don't have a girlfriend. Pwede bang ikaw na lang?" birong tanong nito.

"That's enough, Yego," Atticus' voice boomed when he sat beside Celine. "We both know you're in love with that ex of yours at hindi mo lang maamin sa sarili mo."

"Who? Saritha? No!" he quickly denied. "Over my dead body. Walang-wala na siyang babalikan sakin no?"

Atticus smiled. "Really? Kaya pala iyak ka ng iyak ng iwanan ka niya."

"Foul, bro, foul! Masakit kang magsalita ha? Parang hindi ka nadepress noong naghiwalay kayo ni Celine. Glad you're back together!"

Nagsalubong ang kilay ni Celine. "We're not back together," she answered quickly.

"Pare, basted ka pala!" biro ni Yego.

"Anyway, we have to leave. Gumagabi na rin. I need to take her home," paalam ni Atticus. "I'll see you soon, Yego. We have golf this week."

Tumango lamang ang kaibigan. "Bye, Celine!"

"Bye, Yego." And she smiled at him sweetly. He's a nice guy.

Nang makaalis ito ay tinitigan siya ng masama ni Atticus. "He's taken. Hanggang ngayon in love pa rin ang gagong 'yon sa ex niya."

Hindi niya alam kung bakit inis na inis si Atticus sa pagkakatingin niya sa binata. Nababaitan lang naman siya kay Yego. "Doesn't mean he can't move on. I believe I can seduce any man I want," she countered.

"Subukan mo lang," banta ni Atticus.

"Whatever, I just need to go to the powder room. And then we can leave." She said and walked out of the ballroom to the ladies' room.

When she saw a vacant mirror, she opened her purse and took out her favorite lipstick. It was in a shade of red na lalong nakakapagpaputi ng kulay ng kanyang balat.

"You really think babalikan ka ng anak ko? A whore like you?"

She saw Amelia standing behind her. Kakapasok lamang nito sa ladies' room.

"Pinagsawaan ka na niya noon. At isa pa, alam naman nating pareho kung bakit ka niya pakakasalan noon. It's because of your shares in his company!"

She closed the lid of her lipstick and put it back. "I don't want any part of your family's company, Amelia. I'm freely giving it up to him. Kaya hindi ako pupuntang Singapore. If I don't fulfill the Last Will's condition, mapupunta ang shares ko kay Atticus and he knows it. Pero bakit buntot pa rin siya ng buntot sakin?"

Nagulat si Amelia sa sinabi niya.

"I think Atticus can't resist me. I'm sorry to say this, Amelia, but it looks like I can still manipulate your son."

"Ang kapal talaga ng mukha mo! You're like your mother! Ginagamit ang ganda para makapanlamang ng kapwa!" sumbat nito.

Nagdilim ang paningin niya ng banggitin na naman nito ang yumao niyang ina.

"Sinisiguro ko sayong iiwan ka lang ulit ng anak ko. You think he's serious with you this time? Think again. He might just need a bedwarmer habang nandito siya sa Pilipinas and he knows you're easy."

Sinampal niya si Amelia sa sinabi nito.

"How dare you!" Amelia shouted and was about to slap her back but she caught her arm.

"Don't you dare!" And she walked out of the bathroom after saying that.

Dumiretso siya sa lobby ng hotel, almost out of breath. Para siyang nawalan ng lakas. That woman has the ability to tire her emotionally.

Naabutan siya ni Atticus na nakaupo sa couch na nandoon at nilapitan siya kaagad nito.

"Namumutla ka. Are you okay, Celine?"

Tumango lang siya. "I wanna leave now."

"Alright, we'll leave."

***

A/N: Hey guys!!! I hope you're all having a fantastic day. Sometimes, bad people get in the way but we just have to work through them.

#KontrabidaLoses

Vote, follow and comment for more updates!