JAGS Part II: For the Love of Johann Ch. 17

Just Another Gangster Story (JAGS) Part II

For the Love of Johann
©iAmJulie, 2014.

Chapter Seventeen

He's living his life the way he should live it. Succesful business empire, trusted employees, loyal friends, and an understanding girlfriend. A very gorgeous one at that.

And he should be happy right now..

He should be.. but he can't.

He don't know.. Maybe because fragments of the past keeps on haunting him down. He knows that he has already moved on.. He proved that to his self many times already. But he can't explain the emptiness he feels everytime he's alone. Maybe, there's something missing or there's something that has to be done.

"A penny for your thoughts, handsome?"

He was cut off from his thoughts when a pair of arms wrapped around him. And by the familiar scent and warmth, alam na niya kung sino yun. Nakangiting humarap siya kay Samantha.

"Just thinking about business. How are you, hon?" He asked and planted a soft kiss on Sam.

"I'm good. Just finished a pictorial. Tama ang hula ko, andito ka na sa pad mo." Sam said sweetly.

That's what he likes about Samantha. She's effortlessly sweet. Maraming qualities pa ni Samantha ang nagustuhan niya. But her sweetness tops everything.

He first met Samantha couple of years ago sa States. It was an unbelievable meet up. It was spring break and he went to a movie house along with few of his acquaintance when he bumped into Samantha. He was a bit surprised when he heard her rant in straight Tagalog. What surprised him more was the girl she's with that time. Hindi niya malilimutan ang batang yun dahil ito yung nakakwentuhan niya sa airport before he left for the States after their highschool graduation. He was amazed how small the world could be. Fortunately, the girl also recognized him and introduced Sam to him as her sister.

There was no spark at that time. He's not interested in Samantha in a romantic  way. Dahil ng mga panahong yun, si Kelly pa din ang nasa puso at isip niya. At ipinangako din niyang hinding hindi muna siya magmamahal ulit. So he and Samantha just remained friends.

Not until months ago when Kelly came back. He was stunned and shocked to see her after seven long years. It was so surreal.. She looks so different but it was the same eyes he used to stare. But her animosity around him makes all the pain and agony resurface again.

He can't deny the fact that there is a tiny little part in his heart that's hoping for a second chance. But the way they treated each other made it impossible. So he decided to leave everything in the past. Seven years has been so long. And it's time for everyone to move on from a failed highschool love affair.

That's when he decided to pursue Samantha. Hindi niya ginagawang panakip butas si Samantha. He really likes being around her. She's selfless, thoughtful, funny, good hearted, God-fearing and very down to earth. And she's unlike any other woman. She's considering her as a treasure.

"You really know me huh?" He teases Samantha. "Are you tired? Do you want to take a nap?"

"No, I'm alright. Don't mind me. I just want to spend an hour or two with you."

"Now, that's sweet." he said and enveloped Sam in a warm embrace.

One thing he likes about Samantha is that she's not clingy. She's the type of woman that men can be theirselves comfortably. She just want to go with the flow. No strings tightly attached. She doesn't want to hurry things up. And she's a modern reserve woman. Someone you'll be afraid in crossing the boundaries with. And he respects her so much for that.

That's why they've never done things aside from soft and quick kisses and embraces. It's alright for him. A relationship can be intimate even without sex. Intimacy does not depend on sex solely.

"Hon, can I ask something?"

"Of course. Feel free to ask me about everything." he answered as they lie down in the couch.

"Tell me about your last relationship.."

"What? Why so interested all of the sudden?"

"Ahm.. Nothing? I just want to know. That way, I'll be able to know you better. And besides you told me that I can ask about anything.. Sige na, hon.. Pretty please.." Sam asked pleadingly as she pinched his nose.

How can he say no to this woman?

"Last relationship ko? Matagal na eh. Higschool pa yun. Hindi sya nagtagal but it was serious that's why it was hard for me to move on when the relationship ended. But as i said, matagal na yun."

"Do you still see that girl? Are you in good terms with her?"

"Yeah. We still see each other. We're okay naman." he answered honestly.

"That girl.. Is that Kelly?"

He was surprised by her question.

"Paano mo naman nasabi agad na si Kelly yun?" he asked and laughed shortly.

"Because I remember the way you tell stories about your friends. You're undoubtably close with your friends. Pero pagdating kay Kelly, parang you know her better than your other friends.."

"That's why you assumed that it was her?" he curiously asked.

"Nope. Naalala ko lang ngayon. But what made me sure about my guess was the day I first met Kelly at the restaurant."

"What about it?"

"She seemed uneasy and uncomfortable. I mean, she's nice. I can feel it. But the way she looked at you when you're not aware was different. There's affection or longing? Something like that.."

"Kaya mo agad nasabi na siya ang ex-girlfriend ko? Hindi ba pwedeng baka may hidden desire siya sa akin ngayon?" he joked.

"Conceited lad. I'm sure she's your ex-girlfriend. I can see it in her eyes.."

There's no use for him to deny.

"Yeah. Kelly's my ex-girlfriend. But we're good. We're okay now."

"Gotcha. My instincts never fails me." Sam said satisfied.

"But we're okay now. We're both good." he said defensively.

"Hmm. Maybe for you, you're both good. But Kelly? She hasn't really moved on.."

He was taken aback at what Samantha said. Totoo nga kayang hindi pa nakaka-move on si Kelly sa kanilang dalawa? But her actions says otherwise. Kung di pa nakaka-move on si Kelly, bakit okay lang sa kanya na friends sila?

Ang alam din niya, nagkakamabutihan na sina Kelly at Kurt ngayon. Maraming nakakapagsabi sa kanya na madalas makitang kasama ni Kelly si Kurt..

Kung tama nga ang hinala ni Samantha that Kelly was stucked in their past, hindi siya matatahimik kung hindi mapapatunayan yun...

And it's for him to find out..