Chapter 3 - The Real Canterlot

What Applejack saw was heartbreaking. She had no idea what was really going on outside the castle gates until now. The amount of people who looked in poverty was just horrible. All this time her parents haven't only ignored her, but lied to her. They said they were doing everything in their power to help our kingdom but you could clearly see the lack of that in the expressions on the villagers faces and the states of their homes. She slowly started walking down the villages staring at the broken down homes and the small crooked stalls. One stall caught her eye. It was a clothes stall. She then realised she clearly stood out of the crowd with this orange silk gown she was wearing so she bought some different clothes to change into. Once she had changed into her new clothes (the one in the picture),

 Once she had changed into her new clothes (the one in the picture),

she had no idea what to do. She knew she had to eventually sleep somewhere so she decided to head over to the forest. Apparently no one would ever go in there so that would be a nice quiet place to sleep. She could see her destination in the distance although it would take a couple hours to get there. She thought this would also be a good time to walk through the villages and talk to some locals. Just as she was taking in the view of everything, she tripped over a stone and fell into a mud puddle.
"Oh for Celestia's sake!" she shouted as she got up and brushed the dirt off her arms. She had mud all over her skirt and on her hands and face. She just had to deal with it and kept on walking. After about an hour she had no idea which way the forest was. She was completely lost! 'Could this day get any worse?' she thought. As if her day hadn't been ruined enough, a guy with a bandana and a gun ran up to her.
"Give me your money!" he shouted feircley at her. Applejack stood there terrified then he suddenly snatched her bag off of her.
"No!!" she screamed. She ran after him but after a couple blocks she lost him. She dropped herself onto her knees against the wall and tucked her head in her hands crying. She was compelety lost and had no money for food.
"High there! Are you OK?"
Applejack looked up to see a girl looking at her sympathetically. She had light pink skin and her hair was a darker pink. She was wearing a baby blue dress and a messy white apron round her waist.
"Not really", Applejack replied.
"Well why don't we get cupcakes and talk about it? I own the place so it's on the house! " the girl replied positively.
Applejack looked up to see what she was talking about. Without realising before, she was sitting outside a bakery.
"Sure, I guess" Applejack said wiping tears away from her face.
"My name's Pinkie Pie by the way! What's yours?".
Applejack stopped. She couldn't say her real name! Then they would figure out she was royalty and maybe treat her differently! She thought of a random name off the top of her head.
"Oh, my name is Jackie." This was a nickname of hers when she was little. "Nice to meet you Jackie!" she said as she put her arm around Applejack and they walked into Pinkie Pie's bakery.

---AUTHORS NOTE---

Hey guys! Hope your enjoying my book! I haven't actually thought of the full plot yet so I'm making up as I go along. That means if you have any suggestions please comment! I have the basic plan so if I don't use your suggestion it probably doesn't fit into the entire plot.

💕💕💕