Chapter 12 - Preparation

"So let me get this straight.. you ran away because you DIDN'T want to be queen???? Pinkie Pie shouted for what seemed like the hundredth time. Applejack sighed and nodded her head.  They were at the local bakery in the village sharing some cupcakes and Applejack had to explain everything to them.  The four girls sat in awkward silence for they were still in shock. Applejack was really nervous and Rainbow Dash noticed so she grabbed her hand under the table. Applejack gave her a small smile, appreciative of her kindness and spoke on, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys earlier, I just thought you would hate me for my title of princess and you guys seemed really nice so I gave myself a fake name. Well, it was my nickname as a kid but still, it wasn't my real name." 
Rarity gave her a look of reassurance, "Oh darling that's alright! But you shouldn't have felt the need to hide it, we wouldn't have judged you." They all smiled and wrapped their arms around each other as they sat around the table. "GROUP HUGGGG!!!" Pinkie Pie shouted. They spent the next hour chatting away to each other, the three girls learning more about Rainbow Dash's home and Rainbow Dash learning more about their own. They all found it deeply interesting. Soon enough, the sun was starting to set so they decided to head off. Rarity and Pinkie Pie went back to the place they were staying while Applejack went back with Rainbow Dash. As the two girls were walking home Applejack noticed a few new decorations being hung up in the square."What are all the decorations for?" She asked. Rainbow Dash turned to see what she was looking at.
"Oh, those? Those are decorations for the liberty festival. It's a yearly event to commemorate our newfound independence after being banished. It's tomorrow night." Rainbow Dash started to look slightly nervous. "i-if you want we could maybe go together?" Applejack smiled and took Rainbow's hand. "Of course I'll go with you." They both looked into each other's eyes, happy with the other's company and started to walk back home again.     

Applejack awoke alone on the couch. She looked around for Rainbow Dash since they had fallen asleep in each other's arms the night before. She spotted her in the kitchen but she was with another girl. Applejack decided to go investigate.  "Morning AJ," Rainbow said merrily as Applejack walked into the kitchen. She didn't hear her for she was too focused on the girl sitting across from her who she somewhat recognized. It seemed to look like she was hiding behind her long, silky pastel pink hair. She had blue eyes and pale yellow skin. She wore an elegant blue summer dress with a butterfly print on the side. She shyly smiled back at AJ. 
"Oh yeah, probably should have introduced you both. Applejack, meet Fluttershy. Fluttershy, meet Applejack. Fluttershy has been my best friend since we were kids, you probably recognize her from the dungeons." Applejack lowered her guard and smiled at the girl, taking her hand to shake it. "nice to meet you". She replied. Applejack sat down at the table and they all joined in on the conversation. Fluttershy glanced at the clock and jumped out of her seat. "Sorry to cut this short but I have to go help with the setting up of the festival! Oh, and get a dress." They all said their goodbyes as Fluttershy left. Applejack thought about what Fluttershy said before turning to Rainbow Dash. "Uhhh Rainbow? I don't think I have anything suitable to wear for tonight but I know Rarity will sew something up for me. She's very good at making dresses. Could I go see her? She could make one for you too." Rainbow nodded but declined the dress offer. She didn't like wearing dresses but she left that part out when telling Applejack. Since Applejack would be gone for a while Rainbow Dash decided to go help with preparations for the festival.

Applejack knocked on the door where Rarity and Pinkie Pie were staying and it didn't take long for Pinkie Pie to answer. She greeted Applejack with a deafening shout of welcome and a very tight hug. Once inside, she could see that Rarity was already in the middle of sewing a dress, one which looked like she would be wearing. "Hello Darling", She greeted in a kind tone. She didn't look up though because she was far too focused on her sewing. "Hey Rarity, I know this may seem like a big favor, but would you be able to possibly make me a dress for tonight's festival?"
Rarity immediately jumped out of her chair and shouted, "I thought you'd never ask! Here, I already made you one. Now go try it on!" Rarity shoved the dress into Applejack's hands and she went into the bathroom to go try it on.  Applejack stared at herself in the mirror for quite a while. This dress, it was so her. It didn't feel like one of the horrible gowns she had to wear in her castle but it still had elegance. She felt self-assured in this dress like she could do anything. The top part of the dress was denim and a long red skirt trailed down from underneath her belt. She had a matching stetson to go with it too and boots. It was all sparkling in the light. It was breathtaking. Applejack walked back out with the dress on and both girls were in aw.  "Wow, I've outdone myself!" Rarity exclaimed, looking at her work.
"You look absolutely fantastic Applejack!" Pinkie shouted. 

Applejack had taken the dress off and gave it back to Rarity to keep safe for now and she headed out. She thought Rainbow Dash would be busy still helping with the preparations so she decided to have a look round town. She managed to find the town square and started to think back to the time when Rainbow Dash sang with her. She blushed at the thought. A few decorations were set up here and there but not too much for the festival was being held somewhere else in the small kingdom. She had been in this village for about three and a half weeks and still couldn't get over the beauty of it all.

 She had been in this village for about three and a half weeks and still couldn't get over the beauty of it all