Chapter 10 - Nightmares

The journey back to Rainbow Dash's house was short as it only took them about ten minutes to get back. The two girls walked back in silence, but it was a comfortable silence. You could only hear the rustling of leaves on the trees and the birds chirping high above as they nestle down for the night. In the far distance you could see the last rays from the sun as it slowly sets. This moment, was perfect. It felt like heaven to the both of them. They never wanted it to end. As they approached the front door of the cottage, Rainbow Dash let go of Applejack's hand to open the front door. They walked inside as Applejack said, "I'm gonna go hit the hay, I'm absolutely knackered." (I'm sorry I had to put in Scottish slang SOMEWHERE lol). "Ok" Rainbow replied. "I'm gonna go take a shower then I'll probably do the same". The two girls parted ways as one headed to the bedroom and the other to the bathroom. While Applejack was getting ready for bed and Rainbow Dash was in the shower, they both couldn't stop thinking about that one moment. The incredible kissed they had shared in the secluded part of the forest and their romantic walk back home. They could both tell that the other had feeling for them and it made them both feel giddy with happiness. 

It didn't take long for Applejack to fall asleep for she had such an eventful day. She hoped she would get a restful sleep but that soon wasn't the case at all. She began to think of her parents, and how angry they would be at her for this. It had been about two weeks since she had gone and there were probably guards searching everywhere. She feared that she could be found and captured by them and be told to take the throne. That is a life she never wanted. The restful sleep she was having had turned into a nightmare, as she was squirming around, trying to get the thoughts she strongly hated out of her head. 

Rainbow Dash was just out the shower. She had put on her pajamas and tied her hair up into a ponytail. Just as she was heading into her own room to get some sleep she heard whimpering sounds. It was Applejack. To Rainbow, they sounded like small cries of help so she went to see what was going on. She entered the room and saw that Applejack was fast asleep. That was strange. She then started making more whimpering sounds and Rainbow Dash realized what was going on. She was having a nightmare. She felt bad for the cowgirl and wanted to comfort her. She quietly crawled into the bed with Applejack and wrapped and arm round her waist. She pulled her closer and she could see that she was starting to calm down. They were both like that for a while and eventually Rainbow fell asleep to. They were both cosily wrapped in eachother's arms as they slept.