Chapter 8 - Song And Dance

Well then, Applejack was taken by strangers, lost her friends and supposedly fallen for a pegasus. Life was just confusing at this point. She had set the clothes that were on her bed onto a table nearby and decided to get some sleep. It took her some time to do so for she was just staring at her ceiling, thinking about these strange events that had just occurred. She hoped that her friends would be ok. She knew she couldn't go back to get them for she either wouldn't be allowed to leave or wouldn't be allowed back in. She thought about what Rainbow Dash said to the other two pegasuses in the cell. She remembered that they were trying to find her friends but those pegasuses didn't know about them not being intruders. 'I hope they don't get hurt' she thought. Sooner or later she fell fast asleep after hours of lying awake.

____________________________________

Applejack woke up with the rays of the sun shining through the forest and her window. She sat up and put a hand over her eyes for the rays were blinding. She sat admiring the morning sun for a couple of minutes before deciding to go get changed into the new outfit she was given. She pulled on her Jean-shorts and her red top with her belt. It was strange, her outfit was very much her style and Rainbow Dash couldn't have known it that quickly.

She stared at the stetson on the table

She stared at the stetson on the table. She remembered how she was so foolish to forget to lift her uncle's stetson on the way out of the castle. She felt terrible for that was the only thing she had left to remember him by. She put the stetson on her head, looked in the mirror and for the first time in a long while gave herself a smile. A genuine smile. She felt right like this was all how it was meant to be, but she couldn't be sure for she had only been here a day. Sooner or later, Rainbow Dash walked into her room.

"Good morning Jackie," She said. She still had a tone of seriousness in her voice. She walked over to the girl who was now wearing the outfit she picked out for her. 'Damn, she looks adorable' Rainbow Dash thought. She then realized what had just gone through her head and was shocked by her own words. Applejack turned around and smiled at her.
"If you don't mind me asking, are my friends alright?" She asked the pegasus.
Rainbow Dash nodded her head and replied with "They are absolutely fine and we have a team searching for them." They both sat in silence for a couple of minutes, staring into each other's eyes. Emerald and Magenta. They eventually managed to snap back to reality, both of them slightly blushing. To stop things getting awkward Rainbow Dash spoke up.
" You may have a look around the village but be back here for 5 pm. I'll be making dinner. Applejack nodded her head and thanked the rainbow-haired girl for her kindness before she left her standing in the room by herself again. She sat looking out the window for a couple minutes contemplating what she should do next before she decided to head out. She stepped out of the cottage which was set on the branch of a huge tree. It was set on the highest branch in this little village. Applejack though this could be to do with the fact that Rainbow Dash was the leader. She looked down at the bustling city before her and wow, was it amazing. Everyone looked happy, lively and no one looked as though they were in poverty. Applejack wished her own kingdom was the same and to be honest this is what she expected before she set foot outside the castle. She walked down the wooden stairs and into the village. A couple hours later she came across a market square. Here sat little stalls, together creating a huge market. It was amazing how different it was to home. As she walked through she saw bright gorgeous clothes, smelt the delicious baked goods and heard the sound of instruments close to the centre. She decided to go check it out and saw a band playing. They were really good. She sat on the ledge of a close by water fountain to listen. She realised it the same type of music you'd hear back in her kingdom. These must have been old songs then, before the pegasus were banished even. Applejack knew the song very well and started to sing the words quietly. Turns out she wasn't quiet enough and the band caught note of this. They waved her over to come join them and sing so she decided to, I mean why not? They started another song that she knew and Applejack started singing along with the band. (music at the top, follow along with the lyrics below).

Applejack started singing, :

"There will come a soldier
Who carries a mighty sword
He will tear your city down, o lei o lai o lord
O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord
He will tear your city down, o lei o lai o lord"

Just then Rainbow Dash appeared. She walked up to Applejack to join her. It looked like she had lowered her guard from the night before. Rainbow dash started to sing:

"There will come a poet
Whose weapon is his word
He will slay you with his tongue, o lei o lai o lord
O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord
He will slay you with his tongue, o lei o lai o Lord"

Applejack and Rainbow Dash looked into each others eyes and smiled as they sang the next verse:

"There will come a ruler
Whose brow is laid in thorn
Smeared with oil like David's boy, o lei o lai o lord
O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord
Smeared with oil like David's boy, o lei o lai o Lord"

"O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord
He will tear your city down, o lei o lai, o"

By now the whole crowd were included. Some were singing and some were dancing with eachother. Rainbow Dash turned to Applejack as she asked for her hand. She accepted and soon they were both hand in hand, dancing along. They were lost in each others eyes.

"O lei o lai, o lei, o lai, o
O lei o lai, o lei, o lai, o
O lei o lai, o lei, o lai, o lei, o lai, o"

It's as though Rainbow Dash snapped back into reality as she let go of Applejacks hand, blushing.

"It's getting dark." Rainbow Dash implied. "Let's go back to my cottage".