Chapter 20

Sathya...

The drive back home was silent. My mind shifted on the time where Raghu's wedding talks started. Us being a conservative family no one accepted his love. Myself , Vivek and Raghu were the one who were fighting for the approval. We were really going on hunger strike. I never knew papa was all the working in the back to help Raghu get his love. No one can ever resist papa coz he was powerful.

After literally a month of fight we won and Raghu was on the moon. We felt it was our victory and papa arranged a dj night on his wedding. That was the best day of my life and was the last day of my life. It was the last day i danced in public. I wanted to be a dancer but everything was crashed when Vivek stepped out of the country.

I came to know Vivek learned dancing just because he doesn't want anyone to dance with me as my pair. It was really comical when Vivek who doesn't know what was dancing started to take classes with me so that i would always be his pair and no one would be around me. If only i was not been through all those, if only he did not go abroad for studies. If only papa did not fall sick, our lives would have been smooth and simple. But everything now is out of hands, everything happened. I suffered and now i am numb. No more feelings just numb. All i wanted was my dad to be normal, like others. That is the day i am waiting for. Unknowingly i wiped my tears which were blocking my eyes. I gave a chance to Vivek to prove me wrong and i wish he does that. All i wanted was now to be in my dad's lap and he caressing my head with his big hard hand.

The house was dark. It was now 10.30 in the night. Papa would be watching his tv and as i guessed he was watching his tv. He was sitting but staring at it not even blinking which made me weird. Brushing aside i walked to the kitchen and drank some water. It was then i realised i did not eat anything. Sighing i drank yet another glass of water and walked back to him and sat on the floor keeping my head on his lap. He did not rub my head. Looking at him i blinked. Holding his hand i found it was cold. I missed the warmth it had before. He was cold really cold. Walking back to the room i picked up a duvet and wrapped it around him and saw what he was watching.

"Pa... the engagement was perfect, it was only you missing there. Prakash's father said you have to come to the wedding and i promised that you will be attending the wedding. Ok..." i said and looked at him. He was not even acknowledging me and my presence and was all the time looking at the tv.

Something inside me crumbled looking at his paled face. Switching the lights on i took every step slowly to him. My breathing was hitching and my hands suddenly for no reason shacking. Calming my racing sense i kept my hand on his shoulder and shook him lightly. His body slumped on the side of his couch. A gasp escaped me and fell on the ground with the thud crawling myself away from him.

No....no..noo.... i am just dreaming or he is playing with me. Crawling back to him i stood on my knees and shook him to make him come back to me. "Pa.... pa......" i shook him but his once stiff body was now been shacking like a lump. My scream was unheard by him. I held him by my heart and cried. Didn't know what to do. I shook him hard and again and again shook him up but he was stubborn today.

I didn't know what to do but a sudden thought of Shiva crossed me. I picked up my mobile from my bag which was on the table but i never left his side. I was scared someone will come and take him away. Shiva took the call and all i spoke was Shiva... papa.... as if understanding me he said "i'm coming". Throwing the mobile aside i called again my dad to wake up. He was still having his eyes open but it lost it's life.

I saw someone coming near my father. Is he any person coming to take my father away from me ?? "Go away go away from my father..." i yelled but then he was not here now I hugged my dad tight. "Nothing is going to happen to you papa, i am there , I am there papa.... please don't leave me papa.." my voice cracked when the last words were spilled out of my mouth. Someone knocked the door but i was in no mood to leave my papa. Then someone broke the door lock and entered. People, there were surrounding myself and papa. They are here to take him away from me.

Stay away... i yelled at them and held my dad tight. Shiva came from them and held me and tried me hard to leave my hold from papa. "Leave him there are here to treat him."

Treat him. there are here to treat him. I trusted Shiva and let him go with the people. They placed him in a stretcher and suddenly a voice came. "Sathya...." a whisper from my dad i snapped my head to see him. His eyes were now on mine. He was looking me and that was the last look i gave him before he was been taken away from me. I wanted to scream hard till my lungs would break and i could possibly faint but nothing came. Nothing was really sensed until i curled in Shiva's hold. He held me tight and i could barely feel what was happening.

We drove to the hospital and i was in no mood to leave Shiva in a fear of everything around me. We reached and he held me by my shoulder all the time while i was sitting with no reaction. I suddenly heard a voice yelling "pull" and i snapped my head and saw throw the door looking at the doctors trying to get my father back.

"Pa...." i whispered. They were pumping his chest with their fist but he was still stubborn to come back. I was standing there for more than forty five minutes and finally they were as if tried stopped the fight and everything around me screamed silence. I saw my papa lying peacefully with no one to intervene his peaceful slumber. Something in me flashed and all i thought was my papa.

From the day i was born, how much he loved me even when my mother died. How much he took care of me, my first tooth coming, my bicycle tutor, my first elephant was his back, my first step was towards him, my first word was papa. How he would always confuse the teacher whenever she calls him when i do everything naughty. The anger when someone speaks even a single word wrong about me. The king in the industry still pet when it comes to me.

Those nights with him and me in the terrace and me sleeping on his chest hearing his heart beat, the way he would hold me tight and the way i would hold his shirt. The way his heart beat would lull me. The way every day i would wake in his hold. Why is this sudden trip to no where, why should he do this to me.

The doors opened and i saw my papa sleeping peacefully. I slowly walked to him and held his cold hand. Holding it in between my palms i pressed them in my cheeks, the way he used to hold me. I miffed and held his hand tight. I slowly ran my hands around his face. His eyes were now shut. Slowly raising myself i kissed his forehead and cried holding his neck.

"Paa....... paaa............" i shook him to wake up but he was not listening to me. First time in my life my father is not listening to me. "paa......................." i shook him hard and he was just moving with no reaction. I sat on the floor holding his hand and he was still cold. I didn't know why but i pulled the duvet up to his chest to cease the cold from him. He hates cold and i love cold. After that nothing was in my sense. I was numb. My senses were numb , my mind is numb, my emotions are numb and my life is totally numb.

I am numb....

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I'm sorry if it was not upto the expectation. I wrote what i thought.

Until next update...

Your love...

Bunny...