chapter 9

Re-cap~ as we were walking along the street we saw.....

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

"Oh my God! Kendall gasped. There was a man beating a little puppy! "HEY!" I called out. Rushing over to the man. "leave that dog alone. What kind of a monster are you?! It's a baby!" I shouted pushing the man off away from the dog. "Call Payton!" I shouted to Kendall. She walked over around the corner and called him. "You shouldn't get involved with this." The man's low creepy voice growled. "What's wrong with you? You're a phyco!" He grabbed my wrist and tried to pulled to the concrete.

"Get off her!" I heard Paytons voice. I turned my head and seen Payton jogging towards us. The man barely let loose of my wrist. "Did you not fucking hear me?!" Payton smacked the guys hand away from me and grabbed his head, "You should really listen more." He tightened his grip around the man's head then slammed it onto the brick wall. But, not just once. He repeated the action over and over again.

"Alright, alright. Payton, stop." Chase pulled him off the man. Once Payton let go, the man dropped to the ground, blood was gushing from his head. Kendall ran into Chase's arms and inran into Paytons. "Thank you." I mumbled into his chest. I leaned his head down and kissed the top of my head. "Let's go back to my place." He grabbed my hand and gently tugged me to walked with him. "Wait, the puppy." I slipped from Paytons gripped and scooped up the puppy. It whimpered. "Awh I'm sorry." I cradled the puppy to my chest.

***

Back at Paytons house because I'm lazy asf

"Do you guys think he'll be okay?" Kendall asked, rubbing the little puppy's head, "He can barely even move on his on."
"Yeah, he should be fine, maybe we should just let him rest." Chase replied. "I'm gonna keep him, and take care of him." I leaned against the wall. "Where's your sisters room? I need to get Raelynn." I asked.  "I'll take you." Payton got up from his bed and led me out of the door. In silence, we walked to the very end of the hall.

I knocked on the door. "Yeah?" We heard Faith's muffled voice on the other side of the door. "I came to get Raelynn." I spoke a little loud,l for her to hear me. The door opened and faith stood at the door with the sleeping baby. She carefully passed her over to me. "Thank you." I whispered. She smiled and shut the door.

Payton and I walked back to his room. "Woah." Payton kinda chuckled as he opened the door. I came in after him. Kendall and Chase were having a full make out session on Paytons bed. Kendall quickly pulled away from Chase. "Dude, that's my bed!" Payton joking exclaimed.

After a couple of hours, Kendall and Chase went back to Kendalls house. Payton went out to his car and got my nieces basinet from his car and placed it in front of  his bed.

Raelynn was asleep and I was laying down on his bed close to the wall, Payton was on the other side of me. He had the controller in his hand going straight bonkers at his fortnite game.

"Payton, can you please turn the game off and lay down with me? I'm tired." I complained is a tired tone. "Uh, lemme finish this real quick." He didn't look back at me. "Nevermind." I groaned, rolling over to face the wall. I pulled the cover up to my shoulder. I could feel Payton turn around and stare at me. I really don't see what's so important about this game, I mean, why does this make guys just block out their girlfriends. We're human beings!

I felt the bed shift, and the TV went silent. Paytons arms wrapped around me and his head balanced on my shoulder. "Okay, you can have all my attention." I felt kisses all over my arm. I turned over facing Payton. I gave him a short but passionate kiss. "I love you." I said. "I, uh... Is it too early to say that?" He asked. "You don't have to say it back, I know you love me back." I leaned my head on to his chest. He rested his chin on the top of my head. I fell asleep wrapped in his arms.

"I love you too."

Ugh, short short short chapter! I hate this one. Anyways, hope you enjoy.
             Love, Katie