Chapter 26

I woke up to the sound of Kylie's wailing screams. "Kaitlyn you have GOT to come get this baby! She's been crying for ever and we can NOT get her to stop." My brother came burst in the room with Kylie in his arms. "Give me a minute. I'll be in there." I rubbed my eyes. He left the room and took Kylie with him.

I lifted out of bed and looked at my phone.

10:48 AM

"Aunt Katie!!" My 1 year old niece Raelynn ran into the room. I picked her up and sat her in my lap. "I missed youuuu!" I kissed her cheek. She laughed. "Okay, I need to go get baby Kylie" I put her down and left the room.

🦋🦋🦋

"What's her problem?" I asked, taking the baby from Trevor. "I don't know. We've all tried everything. She won't shut up." He complained. I rocked her back and forth. But, her crying has yet to cease. I picked her bottle up and popped it in her mouth. She pushed the bottle out and her cries grew louder. "Kylie!" I complained.

Still rocking Kylie, I grabbed my phone and called Payton.

🌹phone call🌹

"Hello?" Payton answered the phone.

"Your daughter will NOT shut up!" I growled.

"Yeah, I can hear her. What all have you done?" He replied.

"Literally everything! It's not working."

"Hold on. I'm on my way." He hung up.

🌷🌷🌷

I sat my phone down and took a look at Kylie, who was still screaming her head off. "Your daddy's coming to see you!!" I butterfly kissed her.

Her cries continued.

"Kylie skye, I know you're getting a headache screaming like that." I gave her a firm look.

"Babygirl." Payton walked through the from door with a few people following behind him. "What's the matter baby?" He picked her up from my arms. he kissed her forehead.

Her cries immediately turned to laughs.
"What. The. Fuck? How the hell do you just fucking look at her and she stops crying but everyone in this house has done everything and she wouldn't shut up?!" I shouted. "Babies can sense your tension. You need to relax and be patient." He explained. "You're literally a better parent than me. She loves you way more then she loves me." I joked.

"She's tired. She was just fighting her sleep." He started rocking her back and forth as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

He leaned down very slowly and very carefully, managing to slip her into her car seat.
"Shhh every body slowly back out of the room." Payton joked.

Everyone laughed.

"Thank you!!!" I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and planted a soft genuine kisses on his moist lips. He smiled into the kiss and pulled away.

Even though Payton was joking about backing out of the room, we all did it any way.🤣  the thought that Payton being a better 'mom' than me kinda hurts. I fell as If they're going to have a closer bond than her and I. But, the though quickly slipped away when chase asked if we had eaten anything.

"Oh my god. I'm sTaRvInG!" I complained. "Me too." More people chimed in. "iHop? On me." He offered. "I just got Kylie to sleep." Payton pouted. "I can watch her. And Raelynn." My mom spoke up. "Phew." I sighed in relief. "Thanks mom." I leaned in and kissed her cheek, getting ready to leave with Payton, chase, Bri, and Trevor. Dallyn was going to drive on his own.