Chapter 27

Recap~ "hi, nice to meet you! I'm Danielle Cohn."
~~~~

"Oh god." Chloe and Lexi's jaw dropped.

"Payton jay... Explain." I crossed my arms and set my voice to a low deep tone. Showing my annoyance.

"Welp..." chase coughed.

"And what do you know?" Lexi slowly stepped toward chase. She's always been the crazier one in our friendship.

"Everything." He looked up towards her, in which he was sitting in Payton's gaming chair.

"Spill." Chloe joined. These girls are way to intimidating. 🤣

"It's not what you're making it out to be. At all." He began to explain. But, all I could do was have a day nightmare of mine and my daughters future due to that slut.

N•I•G•H•T•M•A•R•E

"Kylie's on the way back from her dads." I announced to her aunt Jaycee, (which is actually my cousin)

"Want the twins and I to sit and wait on the porch with you?" She offered. "That'd be great. I'd love an excuse not to talk to Payton or Danielle." I laughed.

"Shawn! Aaliyah! Come wait for Kylie with us outside." Jaycee called up the stairs to her children. Which are she same age as Kylie.

They came down the stairs and met us outside. "Didn't have to wait that long." Aaliyah laughed, referring to the fact that the car was pulling into the drive way.

"Of course it's Danielle droping her off." I rolled my eyes and waited for Kylie do get out of the car. But, when she did... I died...

"What is she wearing?!" I exclaimed, turning to Jaycee with a face full of anger. "Pff. Nothing." Shawn cracked a joke. "Practically." Aaliyah tuned in. "Don't start." Jaycee turned to them with a glare. "No, it's fine. She knows she's not supposed to wear something like that." I walked off the porch and met Kylie in the drive way. "Skye! What in the hell do you think you're wearing?!" I exclaimed crossing my arms. "Mama, Dani bought it for me. We even went to get our nails done." I almost had a heart attack when she showed me those claws with diamonds in them.

"Just because your dads slut dresses like that doesn't mean you do! I did NOT raise you to act like at thot! You're 13 years old!" I basically screamed.

"And you're 28! I thought you'd understand like Dani does! You were my age before too!" She started to cry.

"And Payton let you out of the house in this?!" I gave her what we call the 'Kaitlyn's truth serum spell.' Look. First she resisted, then finally gave in.

"No. I changed in the car with Dani." She put her head down.

"Go change! NOW! And throw those clothes away when you're done." I ordered.

She slowly started walking to the house. "And don't come out of your room unless I say so."

"Yes, mama."

Everyone followed in the house behind her. She went up the stairs into her room and Jaycee, the twins and I went to the kitchen.

"Was I too harsh?" I asked Jaycee, sitting down at the island with her. "Absolutely not. I would have reacted the same way. Maybe just a little bit worse. I would have snatched Aaliyah up by her arm and tore her up. Oh, and not to mention, Danielle would have gotten her ass beat." She answered in honesty.
"I know; But, she was right. I was her age before, too. She's in her early teenage years. I remember wanting to dress like that too. I mean, when I was 12 I wanted to look like Jessica Rabbit!" I admitted. "I'm gonna go talk to her."

I left my seat and made my way up the staircase, once I reached her door I placed 3 suttle knocks then pushed her door open.

"Can we talk?" I asked the sobbing girl.

She patted the empty spot on her bed next to her. "Sit."

I sat down next to her and ran my fingers through her long curly, hair, tucking a strand behind her ear; and kissed her forehead.

"Kyls... I know I came off strong. I just care about you too much to let you go down that road.  I know you're 13 but, you'll be 14 in a few months. And that scares me. Because when I was 14 I got pregnant with you by a guy I thought loved me. Then, I was played and left broken hearted. And I don't want that life for you. By no means would I ever take back getting pregnant, you're my most prized possession and I could never take that back. I just want you yo have better for yourself." I looked her in her hazel brown eyes. God! She still looks just like Payton.

"I know, mama. And I know you care. I shouldn't have worn that outfit if I knew it'd get me into trouble." She agreed.

"Promise me youll never grown up?" I jokingly smiled.

"Mom!" She laughed.

"Ugh, fine!" I smiled and embraced her in my hug.

I got off of her bed and reached out for her hand. "Come watch movies with us? We have candyyy!" I bribed her. She faintly giggled and took my hand.

We met Jaycee and the twins in the living room and joined them for a family movie.

E N D     OF    N I G H T M A R E 👏🏼

I snapped myself out of my thoughts. "Payton! We've worked so hard on our relationship and our FAMILY!! I'm sorry that my body isn't as perfect as her edited photos, after having YOUR baby!! Payton, that's a whole new kind of low." I exclaimed. "Kaitlyn, you guys are looking at it way worse than what it actually is!!" He spoke.

"Yeah, I came to visit you..." She began to defend. "Me? This is my first time ever seeing you in person! You only know me because I'm dating Payton." I shrugged.

"Kaitlyn, I'm your sister..." Dani's voice cracked. "Lmaoooooo! Get out of my boyfriends house. Talk to me when you have an excuse. A real excuse." I laughed. "Dude, I'm not worried about being with her."

"How are you 'her sister', Danielle?" Chloe crosses her arms. "Kaitlyn's mom- Our mom, gave me up for adoption when I was born. She wasn't ready for me. My dad died before I was born and she wasn't ready to do this alone." She answered.

"How do you know this?"

"How long have you known this?"

"Why would she give you up for adoption, then a year later have Kaitlyn and not give her up, what changed within a year?"

She was drowning in questions from everyone. "A lot can change within a year." She answered the last question she heard.

"Excuse me for a second." I awkwardly smiled, looking at the girls nodding my head telling them to follow me.

We left out into the hallway and shut Payton's bedroom door.

"Ugh! Why me? This better be a prank." I groaned. "That's the last thing I seen coming." Chloe laughed. "It is kinda funny. We came up here making a big deal and all, to find out she's actually your sister." Lexi face palmed herself.

"I should go apologize." I laughed. "We're idiots!"

"Hiiiiii." I grinned walking into the room. "So, I should apologize for making a big deal. And I'm sorry for not trusting you." I leaned in and kissed him, softly.

"And if what you guys say is true; Welcome to the family Danielle." UGH! Gross.

"Awh! Thanks Kaitlyn!" She wrapped her arms tightly around me and squeezed.

"Oh, um. You're welcome." I sadly hugged back.

I'm gonna have to learn to love this girl.

"And sorry for putting you in the mix of this, Chase." Lexi laughed, placing her hand on his shoulder. "Yeah, thanks." He laughed back.

PLEASE COMMENT ON THE "Ask the characters questions." CHAPTER!!! This is important to me.

Kisses, from me to you 💋

❤️❤️ love, Katie.❤️❤️