Chapter 44

Beca would be speaking to some of her close friends from work who had just arrived to the ceremony. She'd be wearing a white button up shirt, with a navy blue tie, jacket and trousers to match with the colour theme Chloe had picked out. Her hair would be slicked down and back so it was off of her face and her makeup was done as simple as possible, but still managed to highlight her deep blue eyes.

She'd be laughing with Dan and his plus one, who was called Kate, that Beca found out he had been seeing for a couple of months now. Just as Beca would put her hand in her pocket she'd feel her arm be pulled back by someone, turning her head round to see Aubrey stood there, in her navy blue bridesmaid dress.

"Hey, is everything alright?", she'd walk away from Dan and Kate to have a little privacy. Beca would worry a little as she'd see Aubrey start to play with her hands nervously and try to avoid contact. "Aubrey, what's going on?", she'd furrow her eyebrows.

"Chloe wants to speak to you", Aubrey would start to walk out of the room where the ceremony was held and the guests were starting to take their seats.

"But I can't see her, she said it was bad luck to see her before the wedding", Beca would quickly walk and catch up to Aubrey who was making her way towards where Chloe was getting ready along with the rest of the bridesmaids.

"It'll be fine, she just needs to speak to you", Aubrey would walk alongside Beca.

"Why? Is everything okay?", Beca would stop next to Aubrey who'd be facing a door, which Beca could only assume was where all the girls were getting ready. "Just stand here. I'll get the girls out and Chloe can speak to you", Aubrey would then disappear into the room, closing it behind Beca, who'd be left confused on her own.

Beca would lean her back against the door, sighing as she'd wait nervously for Chloe. She kept overthinking about why Chloe wanted to speak to her.

Was she having second thoughts?

The singer would be biting on her lip and tapping her foot impatiently against the floor as she'd continue to wait, stopping as she'd feel the door opening slightly behind her. "Becs?", she'd hear Chloe's voice, which sounded quiet and vulnerable as if she had been crying.

"Hey, what's wrong?", Beca would spin around, putting her hands on either side of the door frame, leaning in but noticing that Chloe wasn't going to open the door fully, just enough so she could hear her talking.

"I don't think I can do this", Chloe would sniff and Beca knew she had started crying again. Her grip on the door frame would grow tighter as she'd start to panic but also feel frustrated that she couldn't see Chloe right now.

"You don't want to get married?", Beca would ask, gulping nervously as she'd wait for Chloe's answer.

"No, no I do", Beca would take a sigh of relief and smirk a little as she'd listen to Chloe, "I love you so much, I just don't think I can walk down that aisle in front of everyone"

"Why? Talk to me Chlo, what's going on?", Beca would lean her forehead against the door.

"You could have any girl in the world Beca but you've settled for me and I'm scared that people aren't going to accept me"

"Chlo, listen to me", Beca would shake her head in frustration that Chloe felt this way. "You are the only one for me. I don't care if other girls want to be with me cause I'm not even looking at them. You are the most beautiful, caring, forgiving and just amazing person in the whole world and I am so lucky that you agreed to marrying me. When you get out of this room don't worry about anyone else, just focus on me cause I know for sure I'm not going to be paying attention to anything else but you", she'd smile a little.