✘ NINETEEN: Birthday ✘

Heather skipped into the Chip Shoppe, a new pep in her step as she now had something to take her mind off of her brother

Heather skipped into the Chip Shoppe, a new pep in her step as she now had something to take her mind off of her brother. Harry and Gil stuck their swords into the sword check, reminding Heather to do the same. Heather took a few steps back, sticking her sword into the bin before resuming her skipping. She walked over to the table where they usually sat, ignoring the looks she was receiving from the onlooking patrons. She walked over to wear Helia sat watching the TV, placing the hat on her head.

Helia was startled at first, before realizing it had just been Heather. She admired her new hat in the cracked mirror that hung inside the shop. She tilted the hat on her head, blowing a strand of her hair from her face. She nodded her head as she surveyed the hat encrusted with jewels and skulls.

"I like it." Helia said, looking away from the mirror. "Thanks Heather."

"Happy Birthday Helia." Heather said, wrapping her arms around Helia's shoulders and giving her a quick hug.

"Thank you." Helia said.

"Happy Birthday!" Gil exclaimed in glee, handing Helia a single rose that was alive unlike the other flowers that were sold.

"Thanks so much Gil." Helia said, in appreciation, before turning to Harry. "Did you get me anything Hook?"

"I helped get the hat for you." Harry said, crossing his arms over his chest. "Happy Birthday Helia."

"Thanks to all of you except you Harry." Helia said. "I don't appreciate you."

"I don't fucking like you either." Harry grumbled. Heather sat next to Helia. Gil sat next to Heather, leaving Harry to sit at the end of the table.

"Pity pity." Helia said. "I don't care if you don't like me. I like me. That's all that matters."

Heather giggled slightly, covering her hand over her mouth when Harry glared at her. She shrugged her shoulders at him, turning her attention back to the TV. The reporter droned on about things going on in Auradon that Heather didn't find important. Then the camera shifted to where a bunch of reporters had swarmed the king of Auradon, rapidly asking him questions. It was then that Heather noticed who was with. It was her very own brother and best friend.

"Oh my gosh its HJ and Sam." Uma said as she came out from the back, leaning against the table as they peered at the screen.

"King Ben! King Ben!" The reporter called, trying to catch his attention.

"King Ben!" Another reporter called as did the other six or so reporters that had surrounded the group.

"Hi." Ben said, smiling as the cameras flashed, expertly handling the situation or so it seemed.

"King Ben, is it true that you are bringing even more villain kids over?" A reporter asked, though the question seemed self explanatory.

"Yes that is true." Ben said as cameras continued to flash. "I am planning to bring more kids over. It's a continuation of my first ever proclamation.-."

It seemed the reporters weren't interested in his explanation, wanting him to get to the point after answering their question.

"King Ben, is it true you made a VK your royal advisor?" The reporter asked, waving their microphone in his face. That question seemed self explanatory to Heather. Evie had been his royal advisor since the Cotillion. She was the reason his proclamation was being expanded.

Ben nodded once more, beaming at the camera as he spoke.

"That is true." Ben said. "I am happy to announce that I do indeed have another advisor."

He raised Sam's hand into the air, watching as cameras flashed once more.

"I swear it seems like she likes the cameras." Helia said. "I love how she's making all those faces and seeing if they'll catch them. This is entertaining."

Heather smiled at the screen, feeling a sense of happiness for her friend. She liked that her friend had already found her place there. How she already seemed to be friends with the king. Maybe it was due to the fact that she had been the one to guard him mostly when he'd been locked away by them. Ben seemed to make easy friends with everyone and anyone he met. It was hard to hate the young king. He radiated a friendly persona and seemed so innocent, actually wanting what was best for his people. Wanting to right the wrongs that had been made by the parents and start on a new foot.

The pictures they'd taken flashed on the screen as Heather almost laughed. There were too many pictures but Sam seemed to have found a different thing to do for each of them. She even had flashed the bird at them, an innocent smile on her face as she did so. The picture was immediately removed and the reporters apologized for it.

"So who did you invite this time?" A reporter asked that Heather recognized as Snow White. It seemed Sam had to, her smile faltering as she stopped making faces at the cameras, her eyes clouded with emotions.

"Sam daughter of Smee." Ben said. "HJ son of Hector Barbossa and Dizzy daughter of Drizella."

"Are there more coming anytime soon?" Snow White asked.

"Yes." Ben said. "And before you ask who's coming. It's going to be a surprise."

The reporters jotted down notes as Fairy Godmother appeared, ushering them away. The scene shifted back to the lone reporter who continued to drone on and on about nothing in particular. Uma walked over and turned off the TV, smiling to herself.

"What are you smiling for Shrimpy?" Helia asked. "Oh no you have your plotting look on. I don't like it."

"This is going to be interesting." Uma said. "And like the king said. What I have in store is going to be a surprise."

"I don't like how that sounds." Heather commented as Uma rubbed her hands together, only smiling when her friends sent her questioning looks. Heather did not like it one bit.