the one with a gift

today's author's note comes before the chapter because i thought you guys might enjoy laughing at me for something stupid i did while writing this
i was rapping along with double knot by 3racha while i was eating and i inhaled noodles and started choking
that's it
that's today's entire author's note

well. yesterday's author's note i guess. because i was gonna publish this yesterday then i rewrote it 5 times yeehaw

After four minutes, Felix announced that he was going to the library to work on his history project.

"I'd bet real money he's just gonna go make out with Changbin in the janitor's closet," Jisung whispered to Minho as they watched him walk away.

Felix got a little lost on his way to meet Changbin. He asked himself, "Did he say room 305 or room 309?" Fortunately for Felix, he didn't need to think of an answer as a hand reached out from the empty classroom off to his left and took hold of his sleeve, pulling him inside. The door quietly shut and a pair of strong arms wrapped around Felix from behind. The Australian blushed, already knowing who it was. Changbin left a gentle kiss on Felix's shoulder before pulling away with a smile.

"I..." he looked down, fidgeting with his hands. "I got you something. I hope you like it, and if not that's totally okay, I should've asked, but—"

"Binnie."

He looked up and met Felix's eyes. "Sorry, I was rambling. I just get nervous..."

Felix's smile only grew. "Nervous? Because of me?" Changbin nodded before reaching into his pocket. He pulled out a small box, and opened it to reveal a necklace. It had a small silver wing accompanied by a tiny pearl dangling from a dainty chain.

"I know me calling you 'angel' started as a joke because of Cassie," Changbin said, his voice shaking as he spoke

"I know me calling you 'angel' started as a joke because of Cassie," Changbin said, his voice shaking as he spoke. "But you really are. Through all the years, that's what you've been: a perfect little angel. You put up with all of my stupid choices and you treated me well even when I didn't deserve it— maybe even especially when I didn't deserve it. You've saved me more times than you'll ever know." Suddenly, he snapped out of his sappy self and was a nervous wreck again. "But you don't have to wear it if you don't want to. I'm sorry, this is really cheesy and—"

"Perfect." Felix interrupted. "It's perfect."

Changbin became a little less tense. "Just like you." He took the necklace out of its box and stepped behind Felix so he could loop the small chain around the younger's neck. Before he did, he placed one more light kiss at the base of his neck. As Changbin fastened the necklace clasp, Felix shivered at the cool metal brushing his neck and collarbones. He then turned to face Changbin, whose hands immediately found their way to his hips. The silence shared between the two was comfortable and familiar. Just existing together was enough to bring them both peace.

"Lixie," the older boy breathed, "Can I kiss you?" Felix laughed and put one hand behind Changbin's neck, pulling him closer. With the other, he intertwined his fingers with his best friend's, a safe and well-known feeling both had always loved. It was Changbin who closed the distance between them as he gently kissed Felix. The kiss was slow and honest, a way to say I love you without uttering a single word.

"Thank you, Binnie. For everything." Felix's voice was barely above a whisper, but Changbin heard it anyway, because it was a sound he constantly longed to hear and never wanted to forget. He planted a slow, simple kiss on Felix's forehead with a smile.

"No. Thank you, angel. One day I'll nbe able to really show you how much you mean to me. I promise."

hA SIKE YALL THOUGHT THAT WAS THE ACTUAL AUTHORS NOTE i did choke on noodles while rapping double knot though

remember less than two days ago when i was freaking out over 3K? well now it's 3.65K and i'm so grateful
sorry this chapter took so long
and for yall who were expecting something ~spicy~ because of how last chapter ended, sorry to disappoint, but i am a pure wholesome little bean sprout who lives for the fluff

i love yall. thanks for reading babes! be ready for another chapter by the end of the day ;)