the one where he's insecure

"Binnie," Felix whispered, "People are staring."

Changbin only held his hand tighter and smiled. "Don't worry about what they think. Just think about how after this class you'll get to see all of us at lunch and you can throw grapes at Jisung again." Felix nodded and leaned his head on Changbin's shoulder as they continued walking through the hallway, earning more judgmental stares and harsh whispers. Felix cast his eyes down in embarrassment and Changbin raised his middle finger to anyone who dared disrespect his Felix.

"But after this class I still have to wait to see you again because you have a class during my study hall," Felix whined.

"Hang out with Jisung," Changbin suggested with a smile, "See, he's already waiting for you in class. He saved you a seat and everything." Felix huffed in mock annoyance, just trying to rouse a reaction from the older boy who only ignored his childishness. They stood outside the chemistry classroom in silence for a moment before Changbin chuckled and asked, "Are you waiting for something, or are you gonna let go of my hand so I can go to literature?"

Felix just continued pouting. "You already know what I want, Binnie Binnie."

"Fine," Changbin sighed, faking exasperation. He hid his smile as he kissed Felix on the cheek. He flashed the younger boy a dorky grin before turning and walking off to his own class.

Upon entering the classroom, all Felix could hear was the sound of other students, and all he could feel was their eyes on him. Some of them hooted and made jokes about Felix's 'boyfriend'. Others simply whispered to each other and glared. He looked at his hands, which were folded in his lap, and tried to ignore his classmates and hide the shy smile that crept onto his face as he thought of Changbin.

"You look like strawberry lemonade," Jisung joked weakly, "Y'know... because your hair is blonde and strawberries are red, and you're blushing, and— ah, forget it. That wasn't funny."

Mr. Kang told Jisung to stop talking and leave the classroom, demanding that he stand in the hallway and wait for the teacher to come lecture him. He left almost immediately, and the students could hear the muffled sounds of Jisung being berated.

Felix winced as a hand sharply smacked the back of his head. He turned to his right and saw Kihyun smirking. Though he wanted to be angry, the young Australian could only feel ashamed. He already knew why it had happened, and he knew it would continue this way, just as it had for the past four years.

"Not gonna say anything, princess? Are you embarrassed?" Kihyun teased, "Or are you not so confident without your little boy-toy here to protect you? You know..." he snaked an arm around Felix's shoulder, trailing his fingers up and down Felix's neck and laughing when the boy tensed. "Before he was yours, Changbin was mine. Does he take you out on random little day trips? Stargazing, maybe? Is he the one that got you that necklace you're wearing? And let me guess, when he kisses you he pulls your hair, and he calls you cute little nicknames, and he makes you feel special. Right?"

Felix couldn't speak. He was practically paralysed in fear as Kihyun played with the little wing necklace that hung from his neck.

"You're not special, doll. You're another one of Changbin's cute little playthings that he'll get tired of eventually. Believe me, I used to be exactly where you are now. Maybe you should find someone who really appreciates you, angel." Kihyun traced Felix's jawline with one hand as the other rested on his thigh. His thumb grazed Felix's bottom lip and Kihyun grinned, but Felix was still frozen in fear and could only continue to listen to what Kihyun said. "Does Changbin notice your freckles? How cute your nose is? Your eyes, your hands, your smile, your lips. I'd really like to know. Does he fall for every little thing about you every day? Does he see all the tiny details that should make him think you're beautiful?" His gentle touches progressively became less so, until he held one hand to the back of Felix's neck and roughly pulled him in, not even giving the boy any time to process or resist.

Kihyun kissed him.

Felix put both hands on the boy's chest, trying to push him away. By now, the whole class was looking. When pushing didn't work, Felix pulled one hand into a tight fist and threw it toward Kihyun's stomach. The boy instantly let go, wincing in pain. Felix stood up in a panic, knocking his chair down as he did so. Everyone was staring.

In the silence of the classroom, Felix felt suffocated. Once more he was frozen. Then, he heard someone scoff in the back of the classroom before they spat one word that broke him.

"Whore."

Choked sobs escaped Felix's mouth as he ran, leaving behind his school supplies and his friends, only wanting to get away.

Jisung entered the classroom again with Mr. Kang, sheepishly returning to his seat. He looked around before loudly asking, "Where's Felix?"

"That slut?" A girl hissed, "He was all over Kihyun and got embarrassed when we saw he was cheating on whatever-his-name-is. Chan-bean? Black Bean? Beanblack? I don't know, the weird one with bean in his name and the stupid haircut."

Jisung was seething with anger. He knew Felix would never do something like that, but everyone near them was agreeing.

The bell rang, and study hall was a blur. Jisung just kept thinking about what the girl told him, and how Changbin would react. He rushed to their normal table at lunch, searching for Changbin, but found the older boy talking with someone who appeared to be crying.

Kihyun.

"I'm so sorry to tell you this, Binnie," he pretended to sob as he flung himself into Changbin's arms. "He kissed me. Your boyfriend just wouldn't stop trying to get with me and I tried to tell him that you're my friend and I wouldn't do that sort of thing to you, but that ugly whore didn't stop."

Changbin's eyes clouded over, and Jisung could practically hear his friend's heart break. After aggressively shoving Kihyun off, Changbin left.

a/n: well would you look that that cas isn't dead
i'm sorry for taking 9 days to update and then giving you angst. i promise we'll get back to the cute stuff eventually :)

thank you for more than 13k reads and 1k votes!! i appreciate everyone who reads 'joke' and i love reading the comments you guys leave

if anyone noticed the profile theme change, it's a hint for the story i'll be writing this summer once i have the time to do it.
finals are stressful but once they're over i can spend my summer break writing more stories for you guys
thanks babes!

-cas