the one with the nightclub

Though he'd never been, this was exactly what Felix had expected a nightclub to be like: loud, hot, crowded, chaotic, overwhelming— the list could go on and on about what Felix was thinking. Changbin and Hyunjin, however, had their minds set on one thing: getting completely wasted. They claimed it was more fun that way, and dragged Felix to the bar with them.

Changbin ordered Felix some fruity vodka drink that he didn't bother to listen to the name of. In fact, he could barely hear anything. The stress of the hectic new environment had caused Felix to completely sever the connection between himself and reality. Everything sounded like it was underwater, and the world moved a little slower. Felix watched Changbin's swift, steady movements. He knew what he was doing.

"Lixie?" He was back on earth. "Hey, you were getting all spacey again. I brought you this." Changbin offered him a simple clear glass full of pinkish liquid.

"Is there... is there alcohol in this?" He squeaked, sounding far more childish than he thought he was going to.

"Yeah," Changbin admitted, "But it's mostly fruit juice. If you don't want it, you don't have to drink it." Before he even finished his sentence, Felix was slowly sipping his drink.

"I like it." He smiled and took Changbin's hand. "Can we go somewhere quieter?" With a nod, Changbin led Felix through the crowd, pushing past people until they arrived at an empty stairwell. Changbin noticed that the Australian boy's eyes had become glassy and a bit distant, and a small smile still rested on his lips.

He sighed. "Felix, you're practically drunk already, and you've only had one drink."

"No," Felix protested, "Hyunjin gave me one before you did. And before that I drank half of whatever he had before when he wasn't looking." He laughed and leaned his head on his best friend's shoulder, absentmindedly playing with his hands.

"Felix. I want you to have fun tonight. We can go dance with Hyunjin later, or we can get ice cream on our way home, or whatever else you want to do. But I want you to be safe while having fun." He explained it as if he were talking to a child. "If you drink too much, you're gonna get really sick and then Hyunjin and I have to worry about you all night."

It was like Felix didn't hear a word Changbin had said when he giggled and whispered, "Binnie. You're holding my hand."

"Yeah, I guess so," Changbin replied, drawing gentle circles on the back of Felix's hand with his thumb. He looked up and caught Felix shamelessly staring at him. "Do you need something?"

Felix looked back at their hands. "Changbin, you love me... right?"

"Of course I do! We grew up together. I care about you more than anyone else in the world."

With a sigh, Felix bluntly stated, "Okay, so we love each other. You asked if I need something. I don't exactly need it, but Changbin..." he grabbed the elder's chin and tilted his head up to look at him. "Changbin, I want you to kiss me."

Changbin inhaled sharply. He held Felix's hand tighter as he whispered, "Lixie, I can't do that."

The young blonde boy frowned, tears welling up in his eyes. "But you said you love me...?"

"Exactly," Changbin suddenly blurted out, "I do love you, and that's why I can't do that. You're drunk, Felix, and you aren't thinking through things. If you still want this later, we can talk when you're sober, but I'm not gonna do anything with you if you're drunk."

Felix's smile widened. "You're weird, Binnie, but I love you anyway. I–I'm getting another drink, and then I'm gonna dance with Hyunjin. You should come with me. I want to dance with you!"

With a goofy grin, he dragged Changbin with him out into the crowd to find Hyunjin. The pair shoved past drunk people left and right just to navigate their way through the solid mass of bodies. Eventually, they found Hyunjin near the bar. He was dancing on a chair with his hands up, spilling his drink everywhere, but he didn't mind. Once he and Felix made eye contact, they both started shouting and laughing.

"I'm gonna go outside and get some air," Changbin told Felix as he let go of his hand.

"Ok. I love you, Binnie. See you in a bit!"

He stopped by the bar and demanded something strong before he stepped into the quiet hallway that led to the bathrooms. He sat on the floor with his head in his hands and began to cry. Oh dear god, Changbin thought, He's totally wasted. Hyunjin better take care of him while I'm gone.

Hyunjin, however, was too drunk to even notice as some random man walked up and started flirting with Felix— or to notice when that same random man led Felix into the empty stairwell he had been in earlier.

With a sick smile, the man backed Felix against the wall, one hand against his chest and the other twirling Felix's blonde hair between his fingers.

Felix frowned. "I'm supposed to meet Changbin when he comes back, and if I'm not there he's gonna be sad. I can't make him sad; I love him! And..." he began to let out loud, sniffling sobs. "He said he loves me too, but he didn't want to kiss me. I don't know what I did."

"You're so pretty," the man offered, "Let me take your mind off that little boy-toy of yours. He doesn't appreciate you enough." His hand trailed down the side of Felix's face until it came to a stop against his throat, pinning the young boy to the wall.

"I don't want to take my mind off of him," Felix gagged, "I like thinking about him. I wish he were here."

The man pushed his hand against Felix's throat a little more. His smile turned into a grimace as he growled, "It wasn't a question, princess." Just as quickly as his hand had left Felix's throat, it returned to his hair, pulling his head forward before slamming the back of his head against the wall.

Felix whimpered as he quietly begged, "Stop. Let me find him. I need him." He was crying again, both from the pain and the heartache of missing the boy he loved. "I don't like this."

The man still wouldn't let go. He threw Felix to the floor, where the boy backed up against the wall. In an instant, the strange, older man was on top of him, straddling his hips and attacking Felix's neck, licking him and biting hard enough to draw blood. Felix yelped, and the man shut him up by slamming their lips together.

To someone who hadn't witnessed everything that led up to that moment, it would've looked like a lustful pair simply devouring each other.

Unfortunately, Changbin was someone who hadn't witnessed the context for the situation. And he couldn't see anything that would follow, because his vision blurred with tears and he ran the other way. He wanted to get as far away from Felix as possible.

And Felix had no idea what Changbin had seen.