Piper

Gaea stood at the top of Half-Blood Hill.

Her pure green eyes represented power and cruelty.

Only my brethren shall walk the earth! Children, Attack!

Gaea's voice was so powerful, it knocked some demigods off their feet. A wave of dirt and mud smashed into them, and when it cleared, their bodies were gone.

The giants lept into battle and crushed the lives of demigods, fighting to protect their only home.

"What-"  Piper found she couldn't move. A layer of black earth held her down. "Jason! Jason!" she screamed. However, her mind still wandered. Wasn't she at Camp Jupiter only minutes ago? Jason was by her side, helping her out of the dirt. Piper moved like she was in a trance. She watched a boy from the... Romans camp get lifted out of the air and smashed across the camp. 

A scream pierced the air as Piper found herself bolting after the boy, slipping out of Jason's hands. When she reached him, she knew it was too late. He wasn't breathing, and his eyes were glazed over. "No..."

"Annabeth!" Piper's heart twisted as she spun around, to see Percy, trapped in the hands of Polybotes. Riptide was on the floor, at her feet, so she picked it up and as she ran at the legs of Polybotes, it disappeared. She gasped, and Polybotes kicked her. Pain coursed through her body as the large foot connected with her rib cage. She lay there gasping, until Polybotes yowled in pain. Riptide was in Percy's hand and he had pierced Polybotes hand. As he fell to the ground, he noticed Piper.

"Help..." Piper gasped for air. Annabeth was at her side before she knew it, checking for bleeding or broken bones. 
"Your ribs are bruised." she said. Percy landed at her side, "What's going on?"

"Piper and Jason are both hurt!" Hazel screamed to Frank and Leo. 

"Things weren't supposed to be like this," Annabeth murmured to herself. 

"Where are the gods when we need them?" Percy's voice shocked Piper. His voice was so desperate, so deafeated, she wanted to leap up and comfort him the way she does with Jason. But he was right. The gods had left them to die.