Chap 5

Your shadow
.....................

Uraraka entered her room and closed the door behind her. She plopped down on her little bed. She didn't realise just how tired she was until now. Her legs felt like jelly. A sigh escaped her lips as she thought about how much chewing out she got from the girls. They were really worried. Uraraka managed to explain the situation to them without revealing too much. She didn't lie, but one could say she didn't exactly tell them the whole truth. She left out the part where bakugou had punched hayase as well as the ice cream sharing. Her cheeks became red at the thought. She was so embarrassed. This was probably why he didn't want to share. Darn it! She needed to pull herself together!

'Alright Ochako. Just chill out. Nothing happened. I'm sure it was no big deal. Bakugou probably already forgot about it. Yeah. That's right. Haha'. A pathetic attempt at reassurance really.

Aside from all the heart racing events, she saw a different side to Bakugou. He wasn't as bad as everyone thought he was. He did care about others....in his own strange way.

Her thoughts then all of a sudden shifted off toward a certain green haired boy. She had found herself thinking about him a lot more ever since Aoyama pointed out something that couldn't possibly true. She didn't like him. Nope. They're just friends. Yup. Just friends.

She thought about what happened earlier in the day when she, deku and Iida went to get their costumes changed up to help with their ultimate moves. Her mind replayed the incident with Mei Hatsume. Deku and her really seemed to get along. He's always striving to go forward no matter what. She admired him for that. Maybe that's why her mind kept saying '-just like deku!'.

'This really isn't the time. I need to focus on improving myself. If deku is looking straight ahead then I should too. I'll be a hero. I'll work beside him, but for now, I'll just put these feelings away. They'll only be a burden'

In the mean time.....

Bakugou sat at his desk in his room. There was still some calculus homework that needed to be done and he wasn't about to slack off just yet. The incident with All might really took a toll on him though. Just how much more pathetic could he get? It wasn't hard for him to figure out the connections between All might and deku. He just needed confirmation, and he was going to force it out of deku. The nerd was never so special before so why now all of a sudden? Was life just fooling him this entire time?

Bakugou broke his pencil in two. He really needed to control his anger. Best jeanest had told him that remaining calm in tough situations is also one of the qualities of being a hero. That's also where he learned how to handle kids, against his will of course. But considering how well things turned out with the boy at the mall, it wasn't completely a waste of time. The kid will remember him one day when he becomes the number 1 hero so that's a plus.

He pushed his chair back and slowly stood up. He stretched a little before walking over to put his books away. That's when his eye cought a glimpse of a piece of paper hanging out of his pocket. He pulled it out and examined it.

'What is this?'

It was the slip for the ice cream he bought earlier. He stared at it for a while before dumping it back into his pocket. He walked over to his bed and put his arms behind his head as he started to think. 'Round face...'

He still needs to get back at her for pulling his ear.

....................

'I'm gonna hurl'
Uraraka had her body in the air, hands over her mouth so she wouldn't start spilling her guts out. The improvements to her costume was only arriving in 2 days so she had to train the normal way for right now.