Chap 14

Just say it.
.......................

Bakugou stared at the class clock watching the seconds turn to minutes, and then eventually hours. His finger impatiently tapping his desk. Aizawa had presented them with a surprise test that day and Bakugou had managed to finish about half an hour before the actual deadline. The others looked like they were still rushing through their papers as if the world was going to end. Aizawa had mentioned that the test would count towards their final score and no one had the gull to argue with the said teacher.

Bakugou's eyes subconsciously turned toward the girl with the chestnut brown hair. She was answering her final question. After that she slowly put her pen down and layed on her arms. The undersides of her eyes looked like they had bags under them. She obviously wasn't getting enough sleep.

'I really hate you bakugou!'

Those words repeated in his head like the sound of the annoying clock hand ticking away with each passing second on repeat.

.........

"Alright, times up! Pass the papers forward" Aizawa motioned for the students to put their pens down with his famous glare and rising hair.

"Man that test wasn't easy at all"

"Yeah no kidding. If anything it'll probably just make my final score lower then last term's" kaminari looked anything but happy. The same could be said for the rest of the class.

"Oh and one more thing. This test isn't really counting for your final score. It was another rational deception, I apologise."

"WHAAAAAAT!!!??" They all yelled in unison.

The students all had their mouths agape.

They fell for it again!

Iida then stood up and raised his hand
"Mr Aizawa! Aside from your very questionable approach, would you mind explaining the purpose of this test in more detail?"

"Quiet down Iida. I was still getting to that." He rubbed the bridge of his nose with his index finger and thumb with a sigh escaping his lips. His demeanour then swiftly changed to a more educatory state.

"There have been reports on villainess activity concerning hero murders as of late."

The class grew silent.

"I'm not sure how many of you have heard but heroes have been dying by the hands of several villains who claim to be taking after the hero killer. Now that All might isn't around anymore more of the villains who used to hide in the shadows will be comming out into the light. I'm sure you all heard the same thing back when you took the hero licence exam. We were asked to become more vigilant and to prepare the lot of you to becoming excellent heroes as soon as possible. So from now on, you'll be getting more tests, more training, more studying, and also a lot more of character building." Aizawa made it a point to look at Bakugou and todoroki as he said this.

"And another thing....getting a low score on any of these tests will result in punishment."
All the students gulped at that.

"I'll be marking these over the weekend, until then, keep working."

"Yes sir!"

.................

Uraraka sighed loudly as she walked back to her dorm room.

She wasn't getting enough sleep for the past few days and it was starting to show. She rubbed her eyes and turned her door knob stepping into her room.

............

'Still awake huh'

It was around 1am and her eyes were still open, staring at the blank ceiling as if it were a sky without clouds. A class 1A without a bakugou....