Hades

The sun had just begun to set for the East coast, when the lord of the dead stepped out of the shadows into a deserted scrap yard.

Well, nearly deserted...

Before him stood a tall figure wrapped in a canvas tarp huddled over a small fire in a rusted barrel.

He cleared his throat to alert the other of his presence before he approached the fire. The figure before him could possibly have the answers he desperately seeked to who or what was behind the attacks on his pantheon. The problem was though they were strictly forbidden from interacting with one another by the fates themselves.

"You know we're not supposed to meet, oh lord of the dead," the cloaked figure chuckled. "It's against the rules."

"I was under the impression you didn't follow the rules," he shot back.

"Oh no, I was always the obedient one. I just liked to point out the flaws. Use the occasional loophole to my advantage. That sort of thing." The figure gave a raspy laugh. "You know, mischief."

"Your mischief resulted in a blind man murdering another," he responded with an even voice.

"Oh we all had a good laugh at that!" The figure paused and cocked its head to the side. "Well I did anyway. In fact I still am!" The figure bent over and laughed like a hyena.

It takes a lot for something to make him feel uneasy. Typhon escaping, Gaea rising, and Demeter threatening to move to the underworld full time were his top three, but now this short exchange had him on guard.

"I haven't laughed that hard in over a month. Now why don't you throw something on the fire and tell me the reason why you're tempting your fates by being here."

Feeling a bit snarky, he conjured up a thick wad of hundreds and tossed them into the hungry fire. It briefly flared up, illuminating the figures scarred face. "I think you need some chap stick."

"Ha ha ha! Like I haven't heard that one a million times already."

He couldn't help but smirk. "The reason I'm here is very simple: tell me what happened."

"And why should I do that?"

With speed that would impress even Hermes, he grabbed the figure by its collar and slammed it into a stack of old rusted cars. "Because this is bigger than one pantheon! Whatever is causing this is only going to increase in power the longer we do nothing!"

The figure seemed to consider his words for a moment before it nodded. "I guess you have a point there death-breath. After all, this is seriously setting back Ragnarok."

"I'm glad we've reached an understanding. Loki." He released the Norse god of lies from his grip, dropping him to the cold muddy earth.

"I'm glad too," croaked the Jotun as he rubbed his neck. "I suppose the best place to start would be the beginning."

He rolled his eyes. He did not understand why most gods needed to state the obvious. "That would be nice."

The silver-tongued god pushed himself up from the ground and brushed himself off. "I had just managed to send this beautiful reflection you see before you up Yggdrasil, with the purpose of tricking that Chase brat-"

"Annabeth Chase?" he blurted out.

"Who? No, Magnus. You got a Chase too in Greek town?"

"We did."

"Huh, must be a common name," the god shrugged. "Now where was I before I was so rudely interrupted? Oh yes! I was going to get under that Kurt Cobain looking brat's skin and have him and my treacherous daughter lead an army of giants to Asgard's borders."