0.8 | Why Do Fools Fall In Love

I woke up a little bit before Ben but I didn't really mind because when he got here he looked exhausted so he clearly needed some rest.

He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping, his lips were slightly parted and his hair was a mess.

I laid there, taking in his features until he stirred awake.

He blinked a couple times and smiled his perfect smile.

I brought my hand up to his face and tucked some of his fluffy blond hair behind his ear.

Our moment was quickly interrupted by my mom knocking on my door.

"Joseph, I made you breakfast!"

Ben sighed and I quickly put a hand over his mouth so my mom couldn't hear him.

"Is there someone in there Joseph?"

Dammit.

"N-no, uh...I'm just not feeling very well"

"Oh, okay if you need me just call for me"

I heard her footsteps get further and further away from the door.

I sighed with relief and layed back on my bed.

Ben laughed and I pushed him a little bit.

He leaned on his elbow so he was hovering over me, I smiled up at him and put my hand on the side of his face.

"I should get going soon"

"Do you have to?"

"Well, I don't think your parents would appreciate having a 'hood' like me here"

I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'm sure they wouldn't mind you staying here for just a little while" I gave him a hopeful smile.

"Look, I really want to stay but I've gotta get back..." He stopped himself before standing up and grabbing his jacket off the floor.

I stood up next to him and he pulled me into a tight embrace.

"See you later, Joey" he looked down at me and gave me a peck on the lips before climbing out my window and walking back over to his house.

Just like that....he was gone again.

I pulled my chair from my desk over to my window and sat down for a while.

Since it was a hot day already I opened my window to let some air in.

I heard yelling.

It was clearly coming from Ben's house.

I moved a little closer to the window and listened to what was happening.

I couldn't make out many of the words but I could tell that the loud, deep booming voice belonged to Ben's father.

Ben walked into his room and slammed his door behind him.

He walked over to the window and looked at me with sad eyes.

I grabbed a notebook from my desk and quickly jotted something down with a big black pen.

I stuck the note in my window for Ben to read it.

meet me at the diner in 15 minutes.
-Joey