18 | Dream A Little Dream Of Me

(some shit is gonna go down in the next chapter)

"You want to go roller skating?"

I nodded.

"You want me to go roller skating?"

I nodded again and Ben looked down at his shoes and shook his head. He clearly regretted letting me pick where to go on our date.

"I guess I'll go." He sighed in a defeated tone.

I excitedly clapped my hands together and jumped up and down.

Ben grabbed his leather jacket off the back of the couch and slid it on.

I grabbed my jacket and put it on also.

Ben and I already decided on walking to the roller rink rather than driving there so we could spend a bit more quality time together.

There weren't many people roaming around the neighborhood at this time so it was quiet and peaceful.

I looked around one more time just to make sure nobody was out and I reached for Ben's hand.

He locked our fingers together and swung our hands back and forth between us.

He lifted my arm above my head and spun me around.

I giggled and smiled at him.

He looked over at me and smiled also, even though it was dark I could still see the slight blush that rose to his cheeks.

He pulled me closer to him and walked with his arm around my waist.

~~~

Once we finally got into the roller rink Ben pulled me over to a stand that was close to the skating area.

The sign read on the front of the stand read:

Roller skate rentals $5.00

When Ben payed for our skates we went and sat down on a wooden bench to put them on.

I was done tying up my skates before Ben and it seemed he was struggling to do them up tight enough.

Eventually he seemed to give up and threw his hands up in a way that made it seem like he was surrendering.

I chuckled and knelt down in front of him to tie his skates for him. Finishing them off with a nice bow.

When I finished tying his skates he tried standing up but rolled forwards and almost hit his face off of a wall.

Thankfully he put his arms out in front of him to stop his head from making contact with the brick wall.

He tried to play it off like nothing happened and awkwardly leaned against the wall with his arms folded over his chest.

"You can uh- do your thing for now, I'll meet you there in a minute or two"

I shook my head and sighed.

"Do you not know how to roller skate?" I asked teasingly.

"What? Of course I do" he stuck his nose up in the air and looked away from me.

"Prove it"

"Excuse me?"

"If you can skate, then prove it."

Ben glared at me but made an attempt to skate.

He kinda pushed off the wall and started skating forwards.

His legs were shaking and he almost lost his balance a few times but he managed to stay on his feet.

I lightly pulled his wrist, indicating that I actually wanted to roller skate rather than just watch him move around like a newborn deer.

He sighed and we turned off onto the smooth hardwood flooring.

I turned myself around so I was skating backwards so I could watch Ben skate and make sure he didn't faceplant.

~~~

After a while of skating on the smooth flooring he seemed to get the hang of it and he was doing pretty well on his own without me having to help him

We were skating for a little over an hour then we decided we should go home. We didn't want my mom yelling at us again.

I pulled Ben back over to the wooden bench we were sitting on previously so we could take off our roller skates.

I brought our skates back over to the rental stand and we started walking out the door.

It was quite late now so nobody was outside and there were very few cars surrounding the roller rink.

Ben yawned and wrapped one of his arms around my shoulders while we were walking.

I brought my hand up to hold his hand that was draped around my shoulder.

We took our sweet time getting home because it was a very nice night.

It was a full moon and the stars were clear in the sky.

The way that the moonlight hit Ben's face and made his eyes light up was a sight that I would never want to forget.

I was entranced by the way the blue curls of the cigarette smoke emitting from his mouth rose up and then disappeared into thin air.

The next thing I knew we were already home.

Ben removed his arm from my shoulder and we quietly walked into the house.

I saw my dad sitting on the couch reading the newspaper from this morning and smoking a pipe.

When he heard the click of the door closing he turned around to face us.

He gave us a worried look and pulled the pipe out from between his lips.

"You two should hurry up and get to bed, Virginia isn't in a good mood and I wouldn't want to mess with her right now."

We both nodded and carefully walked up the stairs, making sure to not walk on any of the squeaky parts of the floorboards.

We both changed into our pajamas and laid down next to eachother.

Ben ran one of his hands through my hair and brushed some of it off my forehead.

The hand that was in my hair slowly made its way down to my waist and pulled me closer to him.

I put one of my hands on his chest and drew little invisible shapes.

"I had a really nice time tonight, love." He said quietly.

"I did too" I smiled and looked up at him.

We shared a short kiss and we both smiled like idiots after.

"I love you Joey" Ben whispered.

"I love you too Ben"

The bitch is back!!!!

I'm so sorry that it took so long for me to put a new chapter of this up I've just been kinda stuck on it for a while and didn't have many ideas.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter even tho I didn't :)
Ily
Harrison🌹