24 | In Spite Of All The Danger

Trigger warning ⚠️: homophobic slurs and a (not very detailed) fight scene.
TW starts at the: *** read at your own risk, I love you guys.

After nearly a week of practicing Rami finally managed to book us a gig at a restaurant that had live music.

There was gonna be a few bands playing before us but we were totally fine with it.

Honestly we were happy with whatever we could get. Anything that got us some recognition was good enough.

~~~

It was a little less than half an hour before we were going to be playing so all four of us were giddy and excited.

We had arrived at the restaurant and put our equipment away around an hour ago. It was Gwil's idea to show up so early because he can't stand being even slightly late.

Before the four of us knew it we were being called out onto the stage to start performing.

We all did our handshake and jogged out onto the stage, waved at the audience and picked up our instruments.

I turned around and watched Ben sit down behind his drum kit and we shot eachother a smile. Rami and Gwil did the same to eachother.

I cleared my throat and walked up to the microphone.

I turned to look at the rest of my bandmates and gave them a nod to start singing.

Of course we were going to open with our new song, a couple other originals and then maybe a few covers because we didn't have an official setlist.

~~~

Once we finished up our set all of us walked to the front of the stage, looking out into the crowd of people that were applauding us and then did a bow and walked off.

I grabbed a handful of towels and threw them at the rest of the guys as we were walking.

We all flopped down at a table in the middle of the restaurant because all four of us were exhausted.

Rami was resting his head on the table and Gwil was resting his head on his hand with a tired, yet happy expression.

All of us were filled with adrenaline but at the same time too tired to do anything about it.

It was quiet until Gwil broke the silence.

"How about I buy us a round of sodas?"

Ben smirked and Rami groaned.

"Is that a yes?"

Ben nodded slowly and Rami just groaned again. I cocked my head to the side and thought about it.

"Sure" Ben and I said in unison.

Once a barmaid came back around to our table Gwil ordered a coke for Rami and him to share and Ben and I got a couple bottles of orange Fitz.

(Fitz is a soda from the 50s I dunno if they have it anymore)

Ben rested his head on my shoulder and I rested my head atop his while we waited for the server to come back around with our drinks. I reached underneath the table and held his hand.

I heard snickering and snarling coming from the table behind us but I didn't really pay any attention to it so I assumed it wasn't important.

***

When Ben and I were walking towards to exit to go home we were suddenly stopped by someone who looked a couple years older than the both of us and was maybe a little taller than Gwilym.