25 | Good Day Sunshine

(not gonna bother with short warnings anymore)

"Hey, Benny" I said quietly, but loud enough that I knew he could hear me.

He turned onto his other side to face and squinted.

"I don't wanna get upppp" he whined.

I smiled at his childish demeanour and pushed some of the hair off his face to reveal a big, bloody bruise around his eye.

He flinched a little bit when I moved his hair.

I let my hand trail down his face, but gently because I didn't want to hurt him.

"We should get you cleaned up."

He made a face at me but he still followed me off to the bathroom.

He walked with a slight limp, so I walked close to him to make sure he'd be okay.

I pointed to the toilet and he got the message. He sat down while he waited for me to get the first aid kit.

I set the first aid kit on the edge of the bathtub and grabbed the things that I needed.

I started by cleaning the dried blood around his eye, lip, nose and forehead. I moved my free hand onto his thigh so he could squeeze it if I hurt him by accident.

I dabbed some rubbing alcohol on the various cuts on his face and he whimpered.

"Does it hurt?" I asked in a soft voice.

"Mhm"

"Just, tell me if you need me to stop, okay?"

A/n : ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

He nodded and let me continue what I was doing.

When I got somewhat near his eye, he flinched away, yelped and squeezed my hand.

"Please, don't" he said quietly.

"Okay, do you wanna take a break?"

He nodded and hopped off the toilet, wrapping me in a hug.

"Hey, are you alright?"

"No, not really."

I just left it at that, I didn't want to poke and prod at him.

He eventually pulled away from the hug and sat back down, most likely just to get this done and over with.

I tried to clean up his black eye as quickly and as carefully as I could but he still flinched and whimpered.

"Hey, we're all done!" I said excitedly in an attempt to cheer him up.

"Yay." He said in a monotone voice.

I got up, put the first aid kit away and walked back to my room with Ben following behind me.

I sat down at my desk and picked up my bass and Ben flopped down onto the bed and covered himself with a blanket.

I sat there, plucking at my bass strings calmly while I hummed out a tune.

I heard groaning and complaining coming from the mound of blankets on the bed.

I set my bass down and walked over.

"Joey."

"Yes dear?"

"Can you come lay down?"

I sighed and got under the covers with him.

He moved into my arms and snuggled into my chest.

I liked when he was like this. It was nice seeing his softer and calmer side.

I stroked his hair and quietly sang out little 'dum dum dum's and 'ladada's.

"Joey."

"Hm?"

"My face hurts and I don't feel good."

"I know you. But I can promise it'll all go away soon."

I planted a soft kiss on the top of his head and continued twirling his hair around my fingers.

"I don't know what I'd do without you y'know" he whispered.

I blushed at the comment and continued singing my little song.

"I love you Joey."

"I love you too"

That was really short but I wanted to write something so there you go. Just a lil blurb

I love you

Harrison