Chapter 32

It's around midnight when we arrive at the hotel. The parking lot has many cars but no sign of anyone. We each grab our own bag and hurry into the lobby. Agent Blackery checks us in under his name and we get three rooms that have doors connecting them. He and my foster parents get the middle room. Jackson, Ashton, and Jason share a room with Ricky. Me, Jesse, and Timothy share the other room.

            When we open the room, Jesse flips on the lights. There are two beds sitting about four feet apart. When you walk in, to the right, there is a complete bathroom. In front of the beds there is a 32 inch screen television. Next to the TV, is a solid black couch.

            "I'll take the couch. You two take the beds," Timothy states placing his duffle on the black cloth.

            "Are you sure?" Jesse asks raising her eyebrows. "You're probably tired from your flight."

            "I am but I'm so tired I could sleep anywhere," Timothy collapses onto the couch and takes only a moment to get comfortable. After placing my bag on my bed and pulling out some clothes to change into, I go to the bathroom to get comfortable.

            When I get out, I can hear Timothy's soft that still sound the same after all these years. Jesse is in her bed, lying on her back under the covers with the light still on and her hands behind her head.

            My body relaxes when my back meets the plush mattress. I pull the blankets over my body. I reach to turn off the light but stop when I realize she is staring at me from across the room. She props her head on the hand  that is supported by her arm placed on her pillow.

            "What?" I ask a little scared.

            "When did you get together?"

            "Yesterday," She signs and shifts her body. Our piercing green eyes meet and I feel like I'm staring into a mirror; our features looking more alike than ever.

            "Listen," She begins. "Ricky is a nice guy but do you really think now is the time for a relationship?"

            "What do you mean?" I ask.

            "WE ARE BEING CHASED BY A COLD BLOODED MURDER! WE MAY NOT BE ALIVE NEXT WEEK! HECK, WE MAY NOT BE ALIVE TOMORROW!" She screams. "Distractions are the last thing we need." She says calmly.

            "You don't know what you're talking about," I shake my head and stand up. I walk past the now awake Timothy and exit out the door. When I get out the door, I make sure to close it quietly, not to wake anyone else up.

            I just need some time alone.

Ricky's Point-Of-View

            I can't believe he was right. He told me exactly how the next few weeks would go. Every detail that he said would happen, happened.

            Now that everything is going the way he wants it to, it's all up to me. There is only one thing left to be done. I'm the only one that can do that.

            It's gonna hurt her and I know that but I have no choice.

            It really scares me what will happen but I have to.