Chapter 22

Before I know it, we pull into a driveway to a very nice modern home. When we walk up the steps, it hits me that Ricky has lived a normal life with loving parents. This really confuses me. Why would he want to waste his time with me when he has a perfect life and all I’m doing is destroying that? After quickly unlocking his front door, we all walk in. He calls out to his parents and soon they greet us at the front door with wide smiles.

            “Ricky, she is so pretty!” His mom says walking up to me. Well that’s a first. “He has told us so much about you.” She says. I turn to face Ricky and raise an eyebrow at him.

            “Has he now?” I ask not moving my eyes away from me.

            “Okay, mom, um, I’m gonna show them the guest room,” He says quickly trying to get out of this conversation.

            “We only have one guest room. Sorry about that but I hope you find it nice. If you need anything you can just ask me or my husband or Ricky,” She says nicely before Ricky leads us up the stairs to show us our room.

            “So what exactly have you told your mom?” I ask as we follow him up the stairs.

            “Well, I haven’t talked to her long enough since you told me the full story so all she knows is that we have been talking and hanging out a lot and you needed to get away so I decided to bring you with me but I think we may have shocked her with your brothers coming along.”

            “Well we kinda don’t have a choice,” I say softly o they can’t hear us.

            “I know but do you want to tell her why they are here and that we are only staying for a couple of days?”

            “No, she doesn’t know anything and it needs to stay that way. We will only put them in danger if you tell them. The less they really know the better,” I finish before we stop in front of a closed door.

            “This is my sister’s old room. You can stay in it and your brothers can take the guest room,” He opens the door and I walk in. It’s a nice sized room. It’s a little girly but right now I could care less. As long as I have a room that I don’t have to share with my foster brothers then I’m fine.

~

            “Here is some basics you need to know,” Jackson says to Ricky as he holds the gun. “Always make sure that your safety is on until you are ready to shot. And keep it pointing either at the sky or at the ground.” Ricky nods as he listens carefully to the instructions.

            “Don’t worry about running out of bullets. We have three boxes. Plus if we run out we and cash and each of us have a credit card,” Ashton adds standing up from his spot on Ricky’s bed leaving me and Jason the only two sitting down.

            “Each time you leave this house, you need to have your gun with you at all times,” Jackson says. “It would be best just to not leave. We aren’t letting Becca leave and it would be best if no one leaves until we go to Miami.”

            “What are we going to do about his parents?” Jason asks causing the three boys to turn their attention to us.

            “Well, I really don’t like lying,” Ashton says. “So you’re going to tell them the truth.” Everyone, except Jackson, looked at him like he was crazy.

The last thing any of us wanted to do was bring Ricky’s innocent parents into this. I really didn’t want Ricky caught up in all of this but things don’t always go the way we want them. Heck, if it was my choice I’d have my dad killed and all of this would go away. But that’s not gonna happen and I’m gonna try my hardest to keep Mr. and Mrs. Dillon out of this.

“You’re gonna tell them that something came up and that we have to leave early. Right now all they know is that we just wanted to tag along for the fun of it and that we will leave in a couple of weeks.” Jackson says. “They won’t know that we are leaving the day after tomorrow until tomorrow night and then the only thing you will tell them is that something came up.” Ricky just nods.

In all honesty, I feel like a really horrible person right now. If it wasn’t for me then none of this would have started. If I hadn’t of made that plan with my sister then my mom wouldn’t be died, my birth brother wouldn’t be lost, my twin sister wouldn’t have to leave her great life in New York to go into hiding, and my dad wouldn’t be hunting us down trying to kill me.

Though, through all of this the only question that really sticks out to me is; how?

How did he get out of jail?

How did he know I was in California?

How did he get to California?

How did he know the gym I would to?

How, after all these years of trying to stay away, was he able to find me and send my life into a crumbled mess?

Over 2k reads!?!?!  100 votes!?!?!

I hope you know I love every single one of you beautiful people! Keep voting and comment!

Tell your friends about this story and try to get me to 3k reads and 200 votes! Please!

I love every single one of you and I literally am so happy that I feel like crying!