Chapter 8

I wake up to the sun shinning throw my blue curtains. I pick up my phone to see the time. It read 10:13am. I don't want to get out of my bed but I know the faster I get up the faster I get to see Ricky and I REALLYYYYY want to see him.

I also was ted to tell him everything. I want to tell him how I sat and was forced to watch my dad beat my mom to death. I want to tell him how I've been in foster care since I was ten. I just want to tell him everything.

I grab some skinny jeans and a top and put them on before slipping on a pair of my thousands of Converse. I pull my hair out of the ponytail and let it fall loosely. I grab my penny board and walk out the house after telling my parents bye.

When I got to their house, I knocked on the door a d within seconds I heard someone running down the stairs. The door opened with a whoosh and there stood Ricky

When we got to Ricky's room, he sat on his bed and I sat in the chair next to it. I don't know if I can do this. I'm not ready to spill everything.

"So what was it you wanted to talk to me about?"

"It's about what happened yesterday." I look down and start to play with my fingers. "When the guy was shot."

Don't tell him about your mom. Change it to somethind else.

"How do you get over  seeing that?" I take a pause as he breathes in deep and rubs is hands on his shorts. "What I mean is, when I close my eyes, I see it all happening again. Every second of it Isee happen over and over again in my head. When does it end? When can I close my eyes and not see him laying there died?"

He grabs my hands. I instantly feel relaxed. It's crazy though. If it was any other guy I would have snatched my hands away. It'sdifferent with him though. So I left it alone and let him hold them. He looks me straight in the eyes. 

"I would like to say I know how you feel but I wasn't exactly there in the same spot you were. I was a bystander but you...-"  He gulps. "You saw it up close. You saw him as death took over and took him from this Earth and everything he knew. I didn't" He pauses and looks down but then looks back up. "You just have to take it a day at a time. I'll be here for you if you need someone to talk to."

He looks at my lips and back at my eyes. He slowly leans in and so do I.

Our lips crash together causing us to move in snyc. I can feel sparkss of electricity. In that moment, with my lips on his, I knew for a fact that I was falling HARD for Ricky Dillon.