Chapter 15 (Ricky's Point-Of-View)

My phone started ringing. When I saw the name, my heart stopped.

"Hey, Becca." A smile covers my face. She has no idea what she is doing to me.

"Hey, Ricky." She takes a pause. "I'm really sorry about tonight. I really want to go but something came up."

"It's okay," I try to hide the disappointment. I pause a moment before I speak again. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?" She acted like she didn't know what I was talking about but I knew she did.

"Your dad." I tried not to sound so cold heart but I was really pissed about her lying to me.

"I told you about my dad. He works in business, always travels, makes a bunch of money. Is it ringing any bells yet? I know I told you all of this." 

"No, Becca," I paused for a moment to let it sink into her head that he was not the one I was talking about. "Your real dad."

There was a long, quiet pause. She pulled her thoughts together and finally spoke. "I'm sorry,"

"You know that's not what I want to hear right now!" I yelled growing angrier. "I want an explanation." I say calmer. She signed.

"I didn't know how you would think of me. I wanted everything to be normal. I just wanted someone to see me as a normal person. I hate being seen as 'that girl with no real parents."

"So you decided to lie to me!" I raise my voice but it wasn't a yell.

"I had no choice! You have no idea what I go through not having real parents!" She began yelling too.

"No I don't, Becca, cause you never told me!" I was beyond pissed right now.

"You know, Ricky, I don't want to talk about this." She says calmly.

"Then I don't want to talk to you. Ever" I lowered my voice down as well.

"Fine then. We will never talk again." She hung up. My heart sank to the stomach.

I keep replaying that over and over again in my mind. "We will never talk again." That's all I could think about.

I have to live everyday knowing she lied to my face and never wants to talk to me again.

I have to spend every waking moment thinking if she reall meant that.

I have to go day by day wondering what she didn't want to tell me about her real father.

Why does he want to kill her?

Why was he in jail?

I have to find out.

Kian walks in my room. "Hey, Ricky! You wanna go shopping with me and the guys?"

"And Jenn."

"And Andrea." They both stuck their heads into the door. I grabbed my keys off my night stand and pushed past them.

"No. I have something to do." I close the door behind me and get into my car.

Vote and Comment

I love all you beautiful people!!!