Chapter 17

"Ricky? What are you doing here?" He steped forward and little water droplets come from his clothes. I guess in all the dancing, loud music, and crying I haven't noticed that it had started raining.

"Why do you think I'm here?"I gave him a confused look and he just chuckled. "It's you Becca. It's always about you. The sleepless nights are because I'm too busy thinking about you. Not hanging out with anyone is because I'm still clinging to a hope that you will come back. The fact that I bearly eat anything any more is because you are what I live off of. Locking myself in my room is because without you I feel like there isn't a reason for me to do anything." He takes a pause and we both step toward.

"Ricky, you need to stop thinking about me." Tears start to run down my checks again.

"You think I don't know that. I sit in my room thinking to myself stuff like You need to get her off your mind, Ricky. If she cared she would come back. Every thought I have is about you. No matter how hard I try to get my mind on something else, I always find myself thinking of you again."

"You don't realize how much danger your getting in when you are with me."

"Danger? How am I putting myself in danger? The only danger I am in is going crazy over you."

"You being around me is just enough to make him want to hurt you or even worst kill you."

"Who?"

"My REAL dad."

"Why would he want-"

"Beacuse you are important to me!" I raise my voice. My eyes go wide as I realize what I just said.

"I'm important to you?" Ricky steps toward leaving only a foot between us. His lips form a small smile.

"Yes," I smile and look in his eyes. "And if he finds that out he will try to hurt you just to get back at me."

"Why?"

"Look, I know you want answers but you can't have them it's too dangerous. You need to go back to your house and if anyone asks about me say you know nothing."

"You know I cant do that!" He raised his voice a little out of frustration.

"You have to!" I sign frustrated too. Moments of silence pass. He doesn't understand. "If you won't then can you at least help me with one thing."

"Yeah, anything. Name it."

"Help me go into hiding." By the look in his eyes, I know he is willing to help.

Vote and Comment Your Thoughts!

Love all you beautiful people! :D