Chapter 33

I know that you all know what's coming...

        The hallway is dead silent; not a soul awake or out. I begin walking to get far away from this room as I possibly could. At the end of the hall, I stop realizing that I have no idea where I'm going. I begin pacing but stop when I notice the window.

        I look out at the city that never sleeps. Every building is covered in different colored lights. It's beautiful. It takes my breath away at how beautiful something filled with chaos can me. A small smile forms on my lips at the sight in front of me.

        It soon fades when reality hits me hard in the face. Somewhere, in the craziness in front of me, my dad is sitting around planning and waiting to come and get us.

        Jesse is right about one thing. I may not see next week or even tomorrow. But she is wrong about Ricky. He is not a distraction.

        I sit down and lean my back on the wall. After placing my elbows on my knees, I put my head in my hands. I close my eyes and try to clear my mind. Mentally, I throw away any thoughts about my dad, Ricky, or the argument I just had with Jesse. It didn't take me long to fall into a deep slumber. 

~

        When I wake up, the sun is shining through the window. When I try to stand up, pain shoots through my back. As I make my way back to my room, Jackson comes barging out his hotel room.

        "Becca, can you come in here please?" He motions me over. After I get in the room, I notice that everyone is in here; Everyone except Ricky. Jesse doesn't make eye contact with me. Those that do look at me, look at me with pity in their eyes.

        "What's going on?" I ask scared. Agent Blackery walks up to me and stops about a foot away. He looks down at the paper in his hands and hesitates a moment before giving them to me.

        "Read the top one first," He whispers only for me to hear. Slowly I unfold the paper. Messy handwriting fills the whole front side.

Dear Richard Patrick Dillon,

        You know who I am. You've never meet me but you've heard of me. Rebecca has probably told you alot about me. Believe what you want but I do what I believe is right.

        I have a task for you and you only have two choices about it. You either do it and everthing goes smoothly or you don't.You can probably guess what will happen if you don't. If you can't, let's just say alot of people you love will magical end up dead. When I say everyone, I do mean everyone; your parents, your sister, Shelby, Kian, JC, Trevor, Sam, Jenn, Andrea, Jack and most importantly...Becca. It's pretty simple what you have to do.

        It'll all start when you get to Flordia. You'll meet Jesse and her and Becca will spend forever catching up on what they've missed. Agent Blackery will find out and tell you where Timothy is. Then he'll try to get him back in the states. But somehow they'll get the wrong guy. When they finally do get the real Timothy, you'll meet him at the airport. While you're there, I will send some creepy texts to Becca and you'll have to leave quickly. When you leave you'll go and stay at Hotel Pennsylvania in New York City. Agent Blackery will rent out the entire top floor. The first night that you're there you will meet me in Central Park on the North side at midnight. 

        Wear dark blue. I'll have on black.

        You know what will happen if you don't come.

        Dear Becca,

            Please don't be mad. I know you probably don't understand and I know you probably hate me for leaving. I had to. I had no choice.

            If I hadn't, he would have come after you. I would do anything to keep you safe. It really hurts me to leave you but if it hurt me more if I didn't and he killed you.

            I'm not sure if you know this but you mean the world to me. You're the reason that I wake up every day. You make me happier than you realize. I care what you've gone through; I like you for who you are, not for what has happened. Even if none of this ever happened, I would still love you as much as I love you now.

Love,

Ricky

P.S. Don't forget my hoodie

My eyebrows furrow at his last sentence. I fold up the piece of paper. As I walk out the door and into my room, I wipe away the tears that had fallen. I quickly run in the bathroom as footsteps behind me follow. After slamming the door closed, I sink to the floor, dropping both letters and crying as hard as I have ever cried before. The footsteps stop in front of the door but there is no knock. For a few minutes, all you can hear is my cries. Finally who ever followed me leaves and I'm left alone on the cold, hard bathroom tile floor.