Chapter 8

Damian

How do I get her out?!
"MARI, WAKE UP!", I shouted. It was hard for me, Damian Wayne, to admit I couldn't think of a single plan to get Mar'i out of her before they-
The door opened and two men, one of which I remember to be Kirova, walked in with devilish smiles and approached Mar'i's cage.
"Don't touch her!", I shout.
Both heads turned to me, but Kirova replied with a demeaning tone and a thick accent," Had you been an Al Ghul, I would have been forced to obey you. Aren't I lucky you're not? Aren't you lucky you can jerk yourself off while I fuck your girlfriend?"
I slammed into the bars, meaning to shred the man who uttered filth, "This is how far the league has fallen, having to settle for rapists and-"
"Oh we're not rapists, we're merely following orders. Doing our duty for the good of the league. "
The man I presume to be Ahmed opened the cage and stepped inside the cage with Mari lying on the ground , drugged, powerless and helpless to stop them.
Kirova stepped into the cage and with a taunting tone he asked, " Tell me Damian. How far did you too get?"
My hands gripped the bars, "Rot in -"
"Or is the reason you're so mad is because you both never got very far?"
He reached down and yanked Mar'i up, " Tell me, did you do this?"
He pulled a sleepy Mari to his chest, tossed her hair to one side and kissed her neck.
Rage boiled in me and I growled, "Get your hands off her."
Mar'i's eyes were fluttering. I hated what was happening to her, but I didn't want her conscious when it did. I didn't want her scarred by the experience.
His hands slid to her breast and Mari mumbled, "No..."
Kirova slammed Mar'i onto the wall, " You don't get to tell me no , Alien Bitch!"
I screamed, "Stop it! Okay mother I get the point! Tell them to stop!"
Ahmed looked to me, "Mummy isn't going to save you now. What's wrong bat brat, don't wanna share?"
I growled, "If you were truly warriors you wouldn't be raping a defenceless girl."
Kirova turned, " Is it still rape if she enjoys it? Bet we could make her want more."
He pulled to zipper on her uniform, "We'll have her begging."
I heard Mar'is weak voice say, "Get off me....."
I fought against the bars of my cage, trying against all hope with all my strength to get out and help her.
Ahmed whined, " Kirova you're hogging the bitch."
He moved to pull her uniform completely off.
"I said," said Mari, seeming suddenly stronger, " GET OFF!"
A blast of purple light knocked me back to the back off my cage. The heat simmered my skin, but was over a moment later. I plopped to the ground, spotted with steaming burn marks and shocked to find the metal cage melting.
Kirova and Ahmed had also disappeared, only two clumps of dust, a melted cage and Mari breathing heavily and leaning against the wall remained.
I pushed of the floor and hurried to her, "Are you okay?"
I clutched her arm, shocked at the coolness. Mari's eyes shimmered with tears and she choked," Did I hurt you?"
I stroked her hair in an attempt to calm her down, "No you didn't." I pulled her into a hug, "Everything's okay, but we need to get out of here and make it to the bat sub"
She took a shaky breath and nodded into my chest.
She stepped back and said, "Let's do this."