Chapter 11

Maris Pov

My eyelids were heavy,  but I didn't want to sleep anymore. I dragged them open and blinked slowly, and found only darkness.
Looking around I could just make out a silhouette just beyond the bed. "Damian?",  I croaked out immediately,  my throat dry.
" I am not my son,  but we do resemble each other,  I've been told."
Panic struck me,  "Talia. Are you here to kill me?"
She moved closer to the bed and I sat up fast tense. I tried not to show how dizzy that made me.
Talia spoke,  " I only came to deliver a warning,  you may have escaped me,  but the Citadalions are quite infuriated. They plan on launching an attack on Gotham. To keep good faith the league has allied with them."
I look suspiciously at her,  " Why are you telling me this?"
Talia spoke indifferently, " I desire my beloved be able to  amply prepare himself,  perhaps he may survive. As for the rest of you,  I hope you die painfully. And you ,,  she leaned in close and said venomously,  "  my Son's beloved,  I hope you're enslaved by those creatures and that they use you for what little you're worth because you are worthless to my son. So no," she leaned back "I did not come to kill you."
Anger boiled in me,  I gritted my teeth and half impulsively ,  half purposely I shot an eyebeam at her,  she was fast though. She dodged and dived into the window. Just like that,  gone into the night.