Chapter 44. Just Checking Up

The sound of the heart monitor beaming echoed in the hospital room. You and Bucky laid motionless on the hospital bed string up to IV bags, bandages and cast. Even though the Doctors are trying there best to keep the both of you alive and breathing, but that didn't stop Loki.

 Over the past several days, Loki would place his hands over the both of you and use his magic to do whatever he could in his power to help. He would always check on the both of you, using his magic, to see how the both of you were doing mentally. Anything that will set the both of your minds at rest made him feel more at ease that both of you were okay. This was Loki's routine everyday when he would visit, but most of the time he would stay overnight sometimes when he got the chance.

 He was not sure if his magic had any effect on Midgardians as it does with Asguardians, but either way he tried anyways to help. He had no idea why he was feeling the need to watch over you two even though both of you were being taken care of for their medical needs. Ever since this little side mission, he had some sort of connection with the both of you. The only person he had a decent connection with was with Thor. Even though Thor is his brother, he would always open up to him and play pranks with each other. Now he has been a bit more open with a few more people and he feels different now, but in a good way. 

On the other hand, This caused Thor and Steve to worry for Loki. Even though they were just as concerned for the both of you, it was just the fact there was nothing that they could do to help. Steve had some medical experience because of his mother, but it was basic thing that are useful. Yet it was not life saving information. 

Thor was the most concerned for his brother because it reminded him on when his mother told him, many centuries ago, when he was brutally injured when he went in his first battle, Loki would bare sleep because he had no idea what to do to help. His mother told him that Loki would stay by his bedside and would practice on his healing magic on him to make sure Thor was breathing even though there were healer that were there it assist.  When he recovered from his wounds, his mother was the first to tell him about this, but when he went to ask his brother about this he denied any affiliation with it. Even though Loki knew that Thor knew about this, he felt embarrassed for some odd reason, but showing emotion is something that Thor knew that Loki struggled with. Thor just didn't want his brother to make himself worry to much to the point that he would become sleep deprived like how tony is most of the time. 

But this is nothing compare when their mother died. 

Loki had many sleepless nights when she died, well after he faked his death another time. He tried many ways to bring her back from the dead, but his magic had limits. He looked at every since spell book to see if there were any answers to his search. Ever since their mother died, Loki had the need to protect the people around him because he never knew when it's going to be his last day with them. Even if he has been a complete thorn in the side, Thor knew that Loki cared. 

At times when Loki would visit and whenever no one was looking, Loki would hold either Yours or Bucky's hand just to give himself some sort of comfort. He would give the each of you turns to hold your hands so one didn't felt more loved than the other. 

Thor was the one who found out about it first. When he decided to do a separate visit one time with flowers and get well cards, He found Loki sleeping on a chair in between the both of you two with holding both of your hands. He didn't want his Brother to feel embarrassed that he did this, so he placed down his gifts and carefully picked up his brother then placed him on the spare couch in the room. He gave a kiss on the head to his brother, then he did the same towards You and Bucky. 

When Steve found out next, he was a bit confused, but he understood. He found him sleeping at the foot of your bed but the rest of his body was sitting on a chair. Steve grabbed his jacket and placed it over Loki like a blanket. It was nice to have Loki being here when he couldn't, but he could tell that Loki had a connect with you and Bucky that he had to watch over you two. He also found it nice that Bucky had someone else to look after him when he was not there.