Chapter 5:

Reese POV

Sitting on the porch of Red momma house my eyes scanned the streets as cars passed back and forth. As always these niggas was rapping to each other about some shit that wasn't my concern. For some reason I found myself keep checking my phone. I had dropped Bird off a few hours ago at her interview and I'm pretty that shit should be over by now but I still ain't receive no comfirmation from her that she got the job.

"Fuck you keep checking your phone for nigga...what you waiting on dat lul bitch you was with earlier to hit your line." Red joked but I caught my unwanted attention.

The rest of the homie started clowning like they finally had something over. Saying shit like who was the shawdy that finaly had my pussy whipped.

"Watch yo fuckin' mouth nigga before you be picking yo teeth up off yo momma front." I stared focused on Red and nobody but I guess this nigga wanted to play today because he spoke again testing my patience in the process.

"Look at dis nigga gettin' defensive and shit." He laughed. "Her pussy must be good."

I doubt he could fully process the words that had left his mouth before my fist made contact with his nose. With a quick snap of his neck along with the sound of his nose breaking under the pressure I added a thick dark red substance started running through his fingers as he put his hands up to guard the rest of his face.

My cousin Spice and as well as the other niggas around quickly jumped to get out the way as I stood to my feet. By now Red's eyes had watered as he stood toe to toe with me as if he could win if we actually went blow for blow. He was embarrassed that I just made him look like the bitch he was in front of the hood and I didn't give a fuck. This nigga knows better about fucking with me especially when I gave you fare warning and you decided to keep going.

"Fuck you lookin' mad for nigga like you gonna do something. I keep telling yo ass stop playing with me but just like a damn child you keep trying yo hand ."

"Aye Rees it ain't dat serious homie. He was just fuckin' with you." My nigga Sinko commented. Looking in his direction I frown my face but before I could comment my phone vibrated in my hand.

The name Bird flashed across my screen causing me to walk down the few steps that made up the front porch before placing the phone to my ear.

"Tell me good news." Was the first thing I said before waiting for her to respond. A few seconds went by before an uncontrolable giggle hit my ear drums.

"I got it !"

The excitement in her voice caused a small smile to form across my face as I turned my back to the niggas on the fronts still. Watching to the streets I placed one hand in my pocket.

"I knew you would now da only thing dat left is for you to show them what you got baby girl."

"Right and thank you for the advise earlier. It worked."

"Don't give me da credits dat was all you." Ready to continue our conversation but a car turning down the street with tented out windows caught my attention. My boys must have noticed to because I could hear them walking off the porch and closer to me. "Aye Bird let me call you back."

She must have heard the switch in my tone because she quickly asked me was everything okay.

"Maurice are you alright?"

As the car grew closer my chest got tighter.

"Yeah Imma call you back."

"Call me right back" was all I heard before pulling my phone away from my ear shoving it into my pocket.