Chapter 23:

Omniscient POV

It felt like the hottest day of summer today with it being mid July and all. It's been a soild month and a half since Reese been laid up in the house and he was honestly losing his mind. With Robyn, his momma, and Mel back at work he nobody to talk to so he decided to put on some really clothes of the first time in two and a half months and start making his rounds.

He made sure to shoot his baby a quick text that he'll be coming to get her for lunch. Robyn knew what that meant though. She knew Maurice would get tired of sitting in the house by himself and he'll make his way outside and around his friends eventually. She knew she couldn't stop him and honestly she didn't want to but it didn't stop her from worrying about him.

In the blacked out Range with gold rims Reese cruised through the streets that he's been kept away from aside from the time he went to go visit the scene a few weeks ago. Nothing has really changed and he wasn't sure if he actually thought it would. Two months is a short time for the hood but it felt like a life time for him. He noticed a few people watching the truck cautiously. The hood didn't recgonize the vehicle which nine times out of ten was never good. He road around the block with his right hand on the wheel while the other rested under his chin. He was comfortable but he couldn't help the strange feeling wash over him. It wasn't fear or nervousness though. It was like the rage he kept deep inside himself while around the women in his life was starting to makes it's way to the surface. He had been Maurice for too long and now that he was back where he felt like he belonged Reese was coming out to play and that was never a good thing.

Reese road until he seen the familiar faces standing on the block. He hasn't talk to any of them since before the shooting. It was nothing personal he just needed time. Pulling the Range over parking it in his normal spot all five heads snapped his way. Their face balled up as they began to make their way over to where he sat almost like they were going to make him move and that was the plan. Nobody has parked in Reese's spot in his absence, his homies made sure of that. But as of right now they didn't the owner of this spot has returned.

Opening the driver side door his homies came to a stop as he began to pull himself out the truck. With a pair of white Retro Supreme Jordan 5's covering his feet, ashy blue jeans running the length of his legs, a white t-shirt and a pink hat Maurice knew he looked good. On his left wrist rested a Cartier Roadster xl watch with a matching white gold diamond covered band rested on his ring finger. His other wrist carried a simple diamond bracelet while the chain he gave Bird was now around his neck along with a shorter one. Reese has never been one to flex with material things but after nearly bleeding out in the middle of the street a few blocks from here he said fuck it.

You can't take this shit with you when you go so you might as well flex on these hoes.

Once Reese was standing to his full height and the drivers side door closed behind him the group of niggas lost their minds. Running towards him like a bunch of kids who haven't seen their daddy in a long time. He mental laughed at the joke he told himself as the guys circled around him. Everybody's month was going a mile a minute asking questions he couldn't even begin to answer. He felt a few pats on the back but they quickly stopped once they noticed what they were doing. His back wasn't was sensitive as it use to be but the nerve damage was still there. It might always be there it's just something he'll have to learn to live with.

"Look at chu man back from the dead." Sinko laughed out.

"No bullshit yo shawdy had you on lock. Wouldn't let nobody come see you while you were down." Spice added.

Reese knew his baby kept everybody at a distance while he was healing but when one of his homies comfirm it put a smile on his face.

"Yeah man she made sure we knew you were good doe." Another spoke but Reese didn't turn his head to see who it was.